PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I would expect nothing less, it's a very frank no nonsense reply but I say again, if we are so innocent this would have stopped long ago.

We all know there has been a vendetta against the club and owner, my long term worry has always been why the club allowed that narrative to go on for so long.

The abuse the Nation of Abu Dhabi has received is appalling, why no fight back at any time?
Maybe they have been waiting for a moment when they can rip the house of the PL to bits ........... IF and I mean IF City have done anything wrong then I can guarantee that a lot of other clubs will be in the same bracket and that goes for the so called elite clubs ........... it’s an agenda and it’s been going on for decades and it’s about time your owners actually give them hell back ............ playing the nice club really hasn’t helped has it ???? The media will always have it in for you so now it’s about time you really became the club they think you are .......... if that means fooking the Premier league up and collapsing it then brilliant let’s go back to the days when it was a fair sport and not corrupted to help certain clubs to remain at the club

These are the E numbers City have been charged against
Seems they are saying the books have been "cooked" serious allegations not just for the PL but as these are auditioned accounts, could it be criminal charges for all involved?

E.3. Each Club shall by 1 March in each Season, submit to the Board a copy of its Annual Accounts in respect of its most recent financial year or if the Club considers it appropriate or the Board so requests the Group Accounts of the Group of which it is a member (in either case such accounts to be prepared and audited in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements) together with a copy of the directors’ report for that year and a copy of the auditors’ report on those accounts.
E.4. The accounts referred to in Rule E.3 shall: E.4.1. include separate disclosure within the balance sheet or notes to the accounts, or by way of supplementary information separately reported on by its auditors by way of procedures specified by the Board, of the total sums payable and receivable in respect of Compensation Fees, Contingent Sums and Loan Fees; and E.4.2. include a breakdown within the profit and loss account or the notes to the accounts, or by way of supplementary information separately reported on by its auditors by way of procedures specified by the Board, of revenue in appropriate categories such as gate receipts, sponsorship and advertising, broadcasting rights, commercial income and other income.
E.11. By 31 March in each Season, each Club shall submit to the Board in respect of itself (or if the Club considers it appropriate or the Board so requests in respect of the Group of which it is a member) future financial information comprising projected profit and loss accounts, cash flow, balance sheets and relevant explanatory notes commencing from its accounting reference date or, if it has submitted interim accounts pursuant to Rule E.6, from the date to which those interim accounts were prepared and expiring on the next accounting reference date after the end of the following Season (“Future Financial Information”). The projected profit and loss accounts, cash flow and balance sheets shall be prepared at a maximum of quarterly intervals.
E.12. The Future Financial Information shall: E.12.1. be prepared in accordance with the accounting principles adopted in the preparation of the Club’s Annual Accounts (except where the accounting principles and policies are to be changed in the subsequent Annual Accounts, in which case the new accounting principles and polices should be followed); E.12.2. be approved in writing by the board of directors of the company to which they relate; E.12.3. include in the explanatory notes thereto principal assumptions and risks; and E.12.4. include for comparison profit and loss accounts for the period covered by the Annual Accounts and interim accounts submitted pursuant to Rules E.3 and E.6, a forecast for the current financial year and a balance sheet as at the date of the interim accounts submitted pursuant to Rule E.6.
E.49. If the PSR Calculation results in losses of in excess of £105m: E.49.1. the Board may exercise its powers set out in Rule E.15; and E.49.2. the Club shall be treated as being in breach of these Rules and accordingly the Board shall refer the breach to a Commission constituted pursuant to Section W of these Rules (Disciplinary).
E.50. The sum set out in Rule E.49 shall be reduced by £22m for each Season covered by T-1, T-2 and T-3 in which the Club was in membership of The Football League.
E.51. Each Associated Party Transaction must be submitted to the Board (in such form and including such detail as required by the Board) in order for the Board to conduct a Fair Market Value Assessment of it.
Forgive my ignorance but these rules seem far more accountancy law related than FFP related? If they are saying we have broken these, they are not just accusing the club of failing to abide by FFP but they are accusing us of breaking the law?

If this is what is happening, why is this a PL thing and not a police investigation?

(I accept I am probably misunderstanding this whole thing)

The club's approach has not let us down thus far. Keep calm, keep your counsel and don't give them an inch. It's suitably robust without giving anything away.
I disagree, the clubs approach has let us down badly, half a decade and more of continuously having to listen to accusations of cheating, ruining football, buying the league, not from other fans I get that, it's "banter" and we would do the same, but from supposedly professional people in media and within the game, all of which could and should have been challenged long before now.

We are definitely guilty of one thing, and thats indolence

The charges bought against us by the PL are based on the same “evidence “ leaked by der Spiegel to UEFA.
What the fuck makes the PL think there will be a different outcome to the CAS judgement?
Surely nothing is more impartial than CAS?!
This just looks like sabre rattling to me and I hope we go after those responsible on the basis of persistent defamation and damage to our brand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.