PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think of it.. the more I think relegation would be off the cards (and stripping titles)

City has Pep and Haaland, two of the biggest stars and attractions in world football, playing in the Premier League. City has rivalries with United and Liverpool, big for TV deals views.
TV companies paying for the Premier League product wont be happy losing City, Haaland et al.

City owners have pumped millions into the UK economy, the UK Government wont take kindly to them being fucked over.

Stripping titles leaves open the chance for lawsuits from clubs who were relegated or missed out on money from previous wins/champions league.

£100 M Fine, 15 points deduction and 2 Transfer window bans (after Summer). I think most would accept that?

kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

No.

Police don't have to breathalise everyone on the road to treat people with equality, just have a system where anyone could be breathalised if there's cause.

The der Spiegel report credibly accused us of wrong doing which made the PL open an investigation. Unequal treatment would be if another club had a load of emails hacked, it got reported on and the PL declined to investigate.

From the same leaks;

In the summer of 2009, Pogba, by then aged 16, became old enough to sign his first cadet contract with Le Havre. But Tanazefti, who was still a scout for Le Havre but had also become a self-styled advisor to Pogba, convinced the boy to join the youth academy of Manchester United.

Le Havre denounced the move by United, accusing it of violating an exclusivity agreement between the French club and the young player, and alleging it had offered Pogba’s parents “very large sums of money” to ensure one of its “best youngsters” accepted the move. The dispute was eventually resolved in a financial deal between the two clubs which has never been public.

But I'm sure the PL were all over it..

The way I feel right now, to be honest, can't really be arsed going to the match on Sunday.

Football is meant to be fun and it just isn't.
That's what they want you to do. They think we'll all stop supporting our club. They think our players won't play.

Fuck em , absolutely fuck em

The way I feel right now, to be honest, can't really be arsed going to the match on Sunday.

Football is meant to be fun and it just isn't.
Chin up mate, give it till Sunday morning you’ll probably feel better by then. I’m giving this topic a rest now after today, we can only speculate until the hearing, it would be enough to turn you insane to keep re-visiting this every day for the next God knows how many months. End of the day we’ve already been judged guilty just like we were before the CAS hearing and that didn’t turn out too bad no matter how the media cockwombles try to spin it. Hope you change your mind.

I've seen a lot of people regurgitating the UEFA case and the emails, convincing themselves there can only be on interpretation. Basically saying "the emails should be enough, they're guilty".

That is not how it works, you do have to prove something took place and it's not true there is only one interpretation. People just went with the one they wanted to believe without knowing the full context(which City do have).

In my opinion, people need to bear in mind, the companies in question were and still are state owned companies running on losses. City were owned privately by Sheikh Mansour via ADUG. If a company is running on losses, that means cash-flow/funding might be an issue at times, depending on how predictable their market is.

I've even seen Der Spiegel trying to establish the links between people on City's boards and their previous roles in government. I seem to recall they did write an article suggesting money does get routed Abu Dhabi state funds/entities to(I can't remember the one that was said to have paid Etihad off the top of my head) some of our sponsors. That shouldn't be surprising, not is it breaking FFP rules. Since the state funding Etihad or Etisalat is none of City's, the PL's or UEFA's business.

Since some of the people working at City have had working relationships in state roles, then they might know the inner workings and offer advice on how things would be best done for those back in Abu Dhabi. That shouldn't be surprising, nor is it breaking FFP rules either. Just as long as Sheikh Mansour or ADUG(which is still Sheikh Mansour's money) aren't using their money to pay any part of those sponsorships without disclosing it. Which I don't think they did, because why would they, the state can pay the bills of their own companies through various facilities.

Last edited:
So the "charge sheet" can be seen by anyone here: -

The PL handbook for 2009/2010 contains the rules, these can be read by anyone here:-

So for 2009/2010 the PL state the following charge:-
(a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72 and C.75 (from 10 September 2009, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.79 and C.80);

But rule C.79 relates to compensation for Postponed Matches ???, Rule C.80 relates to Ticket Sales ??
Are these plain wrong ? they don't make sense to me ?, I would welcome an expert opinion if anyone is reading.
I'm sure https://www.blackstonechambers.com will destroy any errors as blatant as this
Did you add C.81? In relation to chip sales? They should never run out of chips, failure to do so results in immediate death by firing squad.

Apologies if already posted - thought Stephen (@twosips) did well here. I couldn't be in a room with a load of fans who have already decided we're guilty (because they want to believe this recent domination on the pitch has been doped by some marketing deals off it?!) and smirking their way into debates with snide digs. Carragher included. And especially that Spurs fan who, for some reason, thinks they've been held back by City over the past 15 years when they've challenged for the league once and beaten by fucking Leicester. Bottlejobs.

Fair play to Neville too (I know) who calls out FFP for what it is. A scheme to keep certain clubs at the top of the pile while the rest have to sit and watch playing happy families.

Again, as I said yesterday, it boils down to a man being told he isn't allowed to spend his money how he wants to and because of that supposedly breaking these made-up, self-protective rules to be able to compete. Let that sink in. A load of horseshit.

Ste did very well there but fuck me what an awful position to be in - arguing the case, not even pro City, but just to keep a level head with it all to a room full of prejudiced City hating journos, pundits and retro shirt incels brought to you by SKYBET.

That guy asking if you'd feel hoodwinked by them if guilty, like yeah mate Khaldoon showed me the books personally and went through it all line by line whilst he was round quoting me for a new roof - I'm still waiting for him to come start it after I'd paid the deposit 9 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.