PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I bumped into an old buddy in town today, he's an Evertonian, we went for a coffee and he told me the following, strictly on the QT...
The week before the charges were announced four clubs demanded a video conference with PL Chief Exec Richard Masters. One of the clubs execs led the meeting let's say "TH". He requested the latest status of the PL investigation into MCFC. He was told it was effectively stalled with no progress. Then on behalf of all four clubs TH demanded the PL proceed with all possible charges irrespective of the prospects of winning. After a series of threats were made by TH, Masters capitulated and agreed to rush the charges through before the announcement of the White Paper. That's why there were so many errors in the published charges requiring numerous corrections.The club are confident this is a golden opportunity to resolve these issues once and for all.
Always had my suspicions about that Tom Hanks fella.
Too nice to be true.

There is no difference afaik. It's what you do with the money that's important for FFP.
In other words, you better not revitalise a large part of a major city in England, build a state-of-the-art training and academy complex (along with non-football sport facilities), invest in developing world class youth talent (many of them english), heavily back your women’s team and support the growth of women’s football in general, give away millions directly to the community, and have an immensely successful football team, as well. That’s beyond the pale.

The only acceptable financing method is either being an arms dealer oligarch that directly injects cash in to your club and is then sanctioned and forced to sell when your best mate decides to start World War 3. Or be a dodgy American business family or consortium that leverages the club to the hilt and then works to extract maximum value from it before selling it off for a profit, all the while doing little in the community you actually serve (apart from extracting as much capital from it as possible, too).

We should have known better.

TH you say? That fucking @tolmie's hairdoo again :(

Edit: Btw, I love stories like this. Take them or leave them, the thread would bore us all to death with just lawyers and accountants discussing the finer details of the Companies Acts.

Good on you OP. Now be prepared for abuse :)
Think he means Tottenham Hotspur which would explain Pep calling out Daniel Levys.

True or not, but I don't think TH means tolmie!

I bumped into an old buddy in town today, he's an Evertonian, we went for a coffee and he told me the following, strictly on the QT...
The week before the charges were announced four clubs demanded a video conference with PL Chief Exec Richard Masters. One of the clubs execs led the meeting let's say "TH". He requested the latest status of the PL investigation into MCFC. He was told it was effectively stalled with no progress. Then on behalf of all four clubs TH demanded the PL proceed with all possible charges irrespective of the prospects of winning. After a series of threats were made by TH, Masters capitulated and agreed to rush the charges through before the announcement of the White Paper. That's why there were so many errors in the published charges requiring numerous corrections.The club are confident this is a golden opportunity to resolve these issues once and for all.
What's Thierry Henry got to do with all this?

WTF would "TH" have to make threats about?!? haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.