PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This might be true to some extent. However, for the entire decade or more that he's been foaming at the mouth about City on social media, he's shown a willingness to belittle and abuse fans who've responded to him reasonably and politely in public. And I know that there are one or two more eye-opening stories about his conduct in private out there if posters are inclined to tell them.

The events related by @Ric above suggest that Harris has been getting worse as his obsession with City ramped up even further following the publication of the Der Spiegel articles in November 2018. Maybe that's coincided with the onset of the tragic circumstances in his personal life, and I certainly wouldn't wish those on anyone (even him). But, make no mistake, he's always been a pretty vile, despicable individual and that's what he remains.

We need a "harsh but fair" button for posts like that to go with @Chris in London 's "in the name of all that is holy, get halfcenturyup to shut up" button. :)

who gives a fuck how this bloke handles it,who gives a fuck about his mental health , i wouldn't know who he is if he knocked on my door now , if he topped himself the only time i would think about it was when someone put a jelly and icecream thread on here, fuck him, i hope we drive him into a nut house.

Re: the Mancini stuff isn't the issue not that he also had a contract with Al Jazeera but that the DS leaks showed City finance guys were sorting the money? There is a 50 odd page pdf with his contracts and some bank transfers or something.

From memory the PL rules we were charged with breaking were around logging a copy of his contract with the PL. Later rules (which I think also covers the image rights stuff) is that we also had to include full details of how much they were paid. If we hadn't sent Mancini's contract in then I assume we would have breached the rules over a decade ago but the PL didn't notice (otherwise they would have charged us then) so the implication is the contract we filed with them was false or incomplete as we should have declared his contract with Al Jazeera (seeing as it looks like we were paying it).

However (again from memory though) the rule about providing details of all his payments didn't seem to be in the rule book for the first year we were charged. I think the rule was just that we had sent the PL a copy his contract. So even if we had been paying him for consulting with AJ we didn't need to declare it anyway. Who knows? It predates FFP anyway so is an admin error not a systematic way of cheating

Have you got this 50 page pdf somewhere? Never seen it to be honest and I have nothing to do for a couple of hours.

It would be a strange way to fraudulently reduce expenses if the club paid Mancini's second contract anyway. What would the other side of the entry be? Expenses, receivable? Reduction in equity? Maybe Mansour was struggling with a cash crisis ....

If the charges are dropped it will be blamed on a backhander without any evidence at all and it won’t change anything.

We need a full hearing and a clear judgment based on the facts. If the judgment goes completely in our favour it’s difficult to imagine how he handles it.

What’s most likely is that the judgment will be in our favour for all the most important charges and we’ll be found guilty on a small number of minor procedural charges. That will be enough to keep the **** going.

All being well, I'd like to think that if things pan out this way, we'll follow up by taking apart any journalists, reporters etc who persist with the bullshit afterwards.

who gives a fuck how this bloke handles it,who gives a fuck about his mental health , i wouldn't know who he is if he knocked on my door now , if he topped himself the only time i would think about it was when someone put a jelly and icecream thread on here, fuck him, i hope we drive him into a nut house.
Fucking hell mate, you chose violence when you woke up this morning!

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.
Was that around the time the server’s IP inexplicably changed to a Scottish one mate?

;)

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.
Fuckin hell! Nick Cohen sounds as insanely deranged as Nick Harris! :-/

A very strange phenomena, i don't know what it is but our success seems to have unhinged Harris, Delaney etc, another one to be placed on suicide watch should be Goldbridge who claims something as innocuous as a two minute pre match laser show is to deflect from having empty seats (no explanation how said seats were full when light show ended) very odd.

You know, I don't recall any great fuss about human rights abuses in the UAE before Mansour bought City.

So either the abuses only started after the purchase of City, or there are a lot of fucking hypocrites about.

If only we were as picky about the dodgy human rights records of certain other countries. Including the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.