FA Cup Final loss in 1981 or Luton 83?

Aged 12 I was at the 81 final and replay with my dad. Unusually for us I was more upset afterward. For the replay the segregation was pretty weak and my dad had scored some tickets from a mate who worked for the spuds. I remember him threatening to chin this jock cockney (jockney?) who gave my head a ruffle after the Villa goal.

Luton was the day we’d moved up to Northumberland from London. I walked into our new quarters, set up the telly and turned it on to see that 70s cosplay pimp running on to the pitch giving it the arms. I felt sick but at least managed not to cry.

Losing to Spurs was hard, especially after we should have won the first game. But come August and the new season and signing Trevor Francis and Martin O' Neill it was largely forgotten about apart from the TV showing that goal every time we played Spurs or a Cup game
But Luton was a disaster for the club. And come August the fixture list came out and it was Cambridge, Grimsby, Oldham, Notts County and Carlisle. Clubs that at some point since have been or still are in the 5th tier.
And for Francis and O' Neill in 81, swap them with Duncan Davidson and Gordon Dalziel in 83.

Didn't like either results but Spurs champions league, Wigan F A cup, Chelsea Champions league final and Monaco /Lyon results annoyed me more.

Both spurs and Lutons didn't move on from their wins whereas we have.
Spurs have won feck all since and don't like they will.
People on here talk about the bad old days we've had.
Imagine being a Luton supporter.
David Pleats "Hush Puppy" waltz was only a short term celebration.
They've been relegated, demoted for financial problems, ended up in the conference, played on a plastic pitch, sell any decent player and their ground is horrendous and once had a manager voted in by a supporters popularity vote.
Where they are now in the league is incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.