Premier League Games 21/22/23 April '23

No it's not. It's like saying it's not in our hands to beat Sheffield tomorrow because Sheffield can affect the outcome.

https://languagecaster.com/languagecaster-weekly-football-phrase-to-be-in-your-own-hands/

hyrre.jpg
The examples quoted don't reflect the situation between us and Arsenal. Never mind, I can't be bothered to keep arguing the same point!

They might relax more and win there remaining games meaning we will have to win 6 of our last 7 at least or draw a couple. I’ve always said that last 6/8 games of the season are the most important if your in the mix!
Yep. I think it's going to be very tight - unless they completely fall to pieces, which I am not expecting.

You never know but that point they rescued last night, might end up being very significant indeed.

The 8 minutes was spot on IMO, it was what we should be getting in 90% of our games when bus parkers come, I made the comment last night during the game that I hate teams doing what Southampton did in the 2nd half, defending deep, time wasting etc but last night I was enjoying it, however the ref added what was correct for various reasons, multiple subs, injuries and 2 lots of problems with the lino's comms.

I posted it earlier in the thread but I'll mention it again. Last night's result means that if Arsenal don't beat us on Wednesday they are then relying on us to drop points elsewhere.

Furthermore, the result also means that:

a) We could afford to draw one of our remaining games or even

b) Lose one of our remaining games as long as there isn't a swing in goal difference of at least nine goals

There's no question they have slightly more difficult games too.

The main worry of course is that we have at least five more games left than they do, hopefully seven.

I look at it as 5 more games, as any finals we simply have a longer season, not more games in the same space.

There is no advantage if we go out of CL or FA in fact it will be a disadvantage as lose momentum.

The ones around Real (away) will be tough especially Leeds (2 days before, our league really do not help).

I think we need to rotate today and that game to stand any chance of winning it all.

There as good a game as you can hope for to do it.

Next 4 are huge, win them and I think Arsenal will drop more points then just against us.

Win next 2 they play Chelsea at home (no win in 4 for them) and a point behind us playing a game more.

Win next 4 and they play Newcastle away and would be between 4-7 points behind (depending on Chelsea) going into a very tough game with us both playing same amount.

I think the potential is there that it could be won in these 4 games, before the tricky last 4 (3 away and Chelsea at home).

Being the pedant that I am, I'm going to point out that at the start of the season, winning the title is in every team's hands. 38 wins, the title is yours.

The 8 minutes was spot on IMO, it was what we should be getting in 90% of our games when bus parkers come, I made the comment last night during the game that I hate teams doing what Southampton did in the 2nd half, defending deep, time wasting etc but last night I was enjoying it, however the ref added what was correct for various reasons, multiple subs, injuries and 2 lots of problems with the lino's comms.
I liked it when the commentator said the 8 minutes was right because there had been yellow cards!

Can’t believe the game against Leeds is still on Sunday just because the tv picked that game! Surely we can change it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.