Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Bit the bullet and booked with Lufthansa going out 8th from manchester (stay at Frankfurt overnight) then 9am flight FRA to IST Friday morning (9th) with them.

Back Sunday 2pm ex IST to FRA. Another overnight stay in FRA then early morning flight back into MAN Monday morning. Flight times were ok. And the long stop overs mean we coukd get a transit hotel and get our heads down both ways!!

Had booked a hotel in Istanbul for 2 nigyts weeks ago so all in £760. Just need a ticket now

Heathrow to Istanbul Thursday night 22.10 on Turkish Airlines, so sleep on plane, back Monday. Decent looking hotel for Fri, Sat, Sun in Fathi district. Has cost roughly £800, which is a lot, but could possibly be worse. Did consider the club trips, but the two nighter is a mental price and the day trip sounds like a £995 28 hour ordeal to be honest. Although I accept three nights there might also be an ordeal.

I'm a rookie at this flight comparison stuff and naively thought there would be reasonably priced official and unofficial trips. I've spent the afternoon going through the English airports and watched the prices steadily rise (capitalism in action). I've booked a Saturday 10th 9.00am flight one way for £278, so at least I see the match. I'll probably fly home on the Monday to one of the southern airports where the prices are more reasonable and get a train home. No accommodation booked yet either but Istanbul is massive so not worried about that at all.

Still yet to find anybody else actually booked on our flights, they disappeared by Saturday dinner so assuming it sold out pretty sharpish. Anybody on the 8.20pm flight out from gatwick on the Friday night connecting in antalya arriving in istanbul 6.50am?

We gambled before the 1st leg of the semi with a £48 flight to Sofia from stansted and £23 all night bus to Istambul.
Then took a chance booking a direct flight back to Manc before the 2nd leg.
Got that for £140.
Got coach booked to stansted for £25.
Gambled last year aswell booking the eurostar to Paris but obviously lost the gamble then.
I gambled last June and booked Turkish Airlines Mcr to Istanbul the minute the flights came out. Thurs to Sunday prime times - £400 but that allowed a refund minus a small fee.

I also gambled last year to Paris on the Eurostar but luckily went for Business Class which was fully refundable. In fact think the money was back in my account before I was back from Madrid!

P.S. I've lost out in the past though - all the fun of following City abroad!

Still yet to find anybody else actually booked on our flights, they disappeared by Saturday dinner so assuming it sold out pretty sharpish. Anybody on the 8.20pm flight out from gatwick on the Friday night connecting in antalya arriving in istanbul 6.50am?
I looked at the London flights but, as I'm going on my own, thought the extra cost (I calculated £120 for trains) and extra time was over the top despite the lower priced flights. With hindsight I think we could have organised ourselves into mini bus sized groups to cut the cost and just bussed ourselves to say Gatwick and then Istanbul from the alternative Turkish airports.

Hello
How is everyone getting back from the ground if staying central? Iv booke a hotel 10 mins from the ground for after the game. Seems a serious mooch back into city and potential waiting around? Cityyyyy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.