VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately every outcome of the VAR decisions were correct to the letter of the law, but I believe it was because City were on the receiving end, had each incident been reversed then they'd have quoted some other laws in order to get involved.

Despite all his 'Honest guv, I ain't a rag' spiel, Howard Webb is EXACTLY that. A pure dyed-in-the-wool rag, the same as most of them involved with PGMOL. The others may not be fans of the club, but they are aiding them in one way or another. Alty man is very fond of them, so is Tierney, so is Coote. Stuart Attwell and that uber prick Craig Pawson have -over the years- made on-field decisions that are both baffling and downright bizarre - until you realise those same decisions mean a get-out-of-jail card for the rags.

If the dodgy dealings at the rags ever comes to light (99 reasons) you can bet your mortgage that the names Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg will feature very heavily.

Despite all his 'Honest guv, I ain't a rag' spiel, Howard Webb is EXACTLY that. A pure dyed-in-the-wool rag, the same as most of them involved with PGMOL. The others may not be fans of the club, but they are aiding them in one way or another. Alty man is very fond of them, so is Tierney, so is Coote. Stuart Attwell and that uber prick Craig Pawson have -over the years- made on-field decisions that are both baffling and downright bizarre - until you realise those same decisions mean a get-out-of-jail card for the rags.

If the dodgy dealings at the rags ever comes to light (99 reasons) you can bet your mortgage that the names Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg will feature very heavily.
If it ever did come out and was proven,then they should be relegated to league 2 and jail sentence’s for a few involved at the shithole and at pigmol ..

Fuck me. I was spot on.

But they are just wrong.
The Casemiro one has a VAR review if:
1) A clear and obvious error has been made and
2) if it is a possible red card.
VAR does not make the call, the ref does after a VAR review.
So
1) He gave the free kick the wrong way so 100% it is a clear and obvious error. If he had booked Casemiro, or given us a free kick, or just waved play on because he thought it was fine for Rag players to foul like that, then VAR would be fine to not intervene as the ref may have seen it. But he didn't. He screwed up.
2) If VAR would not have overturned a red card in these circumstances for a "clear and obvious error" - it wouldn't - then it has to be a POSSIBLE red card
So the referee ought to have been asked to look at it. Whether he gives it or not is up to him.

The Grealish one is different. The referee may actually have seen it in real time and chosen to play on. It is one where people say "often given, law not clear, modern game etc etc" so ref might give it real time but not as "clear and obvious" error as if as if he'd given a handball against Wan Bissaka. So - fails test (1) passes test (2) so therefore should not be reviewed. But:
The reality is that it was a C&O error and VAR knows that. There is NO WAY a ball hits Grealish's finger in the box and they don't get a penalty unless the ref and linesman both miss it, so in fact it is a C&O error.

The De Bruyne one wouldn't be given because the ref saw it and was bent as a nine bob note.

But they are just wrong.
The Casemiro one has a VAR review if:
1) A clear and obvious error has been made and
2) if it is a possible red card.
VAR does not make the call, the ref does after a VAR review.
So
1) He gave the free kick the wrong way so 100% it is a clear and obvious error. If he had booked Casemiro, or given us a free kick, or just waved play on because he thought it was fine for Rag players to foul like that, then VAR would be fine to not intervene as the ref may have seen it. But he didn't. He screwed up.
2) If VAR would not have overturned a red card in these circumstances for a "clear and obvious error" - it wouldn't - then it has to be a POSSIBLE red card
So the referee ought to have been asked to look at it. Whether he gives it or not is up to him.

Mate, it really doesn’t matter what you think the procedure is. Or what you’d like it to be. That isn’t the way it works. And that’s not an opinion. It’s just stating a fact.

Mate, it really doesn’t matter what you think the procedure is. Or what you’d like it to be. That isn’t the way it works. And that’s not an opinion. It’s just stating a fact.
Cant believe you are still peddling your nonsense that var is fair and correct , the whole pigmol and var set up , run by morons , is corrupt from top to bottom

Cant believe you are still peddling your nonsense that var is fair and correct , the whole pigmol and var set up , run by morons , is corrupt from top to bottom

I think you’ve replied to the wrong post. I have never said I particularly like VAR or that it is fair. I couldn’t give a flying fuck if they scrapped the whole thing tomorrow.

Going to a bit of trouble educating yourself on the procedure of how something works, isn’t an endorsement of it.

People seem to be having a hard time with this but you are correct.

I absolutely hate this bastardised version of VAR and the process they use, and people can see my previous posts on it if they want... but this particular point of view is a non-argument. It is pretty clear.

The VAR has one decision to make. Is it a red card? If yes, recommend ref go to monitor. If no, revert to on-field decision - which in this case is somewhat inexplicably a free kick to the rags. That is the decision tree. There's no "you gave the foul the wrong way so go to the monitor and check if it's a red card" option that people seem to be inventing.

It's not rocket science, this is how it has worked since day one.

You can argue VAR should have seen it as a red card offence and recommended a review but that is a totally different argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.