VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penalty very hard to take, especially after the dodgy offside they got against us earlier in the season.

How many times do we come off the pitch against united talking about how they benefitted from a dodgy decision? Every game.

The foul on Kev, we were awarded a near identical penalty a few weeks back, but today at Wembley against ragchester united, it's not a penalty?

And why didn't var recommended a review of pumpkin head's challenge? The referee clearly got the free kick wrong as he awarded it to them despite the foul clearly being on stones, so surely var has a duty to ask the referee to review when there is a knee high, studs up challenge?

This is where the system falls down though. Clear and obvious is a get out clause along with when VAR can intervene.

“You made a clear and obvious error. There was no foul by Akanji but there was a definite foul by Casemiro. I have reviewed the footage and I don’t believe that it is enough to send Casemiro off. Please have a look and decide if you made the correct on field decision.” which should happen, but doesn’t.

“I can understand why you would think that Wan Bisaka did not foul De Bruyne in the box there and even though footage shows that a foul occurred and a penalty should be awarded, it is not clear and obvious to you on the field, therefore it is safe to stand by your original decision”. Which shouldn’t happen but does.

” You missed a definite handball by Grealish. Even although he had no opportunity to move his hand away from its position as the ball struck his hand and that his eyes were closed and he had no fucking idea what was going on, I believe his hands were in an unnatural position and according to the current rules it is a penalty. Please take a look at the monitor and I will show you the only camera angle where you can’t see that his eyes are closed” Which is what happened but shouldn’t.

Total fucking farce.
This ‘clear and obvious error’ malarky is the get out. Its a ridiculous rule. It makes
VAR an opinion again where as it should be black n white.

Its either a foul/handball or its not. It cant be grey and down to ‘hmmm it was a foul but we dont think it was that obvious so crack on’.

My worry for both finals was that VAR and the powers that be will try and fuck us over and yesterday they tried their best.
I think next week will be even worse with uefa

My worry for both finals was that VAR and the powers that be will try and fuck us over and yesterday they tried their best.
Lets not give them the opportunity to exercise their cheating low standards.

Great untold story tbh about how pep has had to manage against var and ref decisions.

But VAR is here to stay and we can now see why. Its a tool to legitimise extremely odd decisions that never existed before.

Take VAR away and we get our game back with less manipulation. So angry that they tried that shit yesterday , and every game we play them.

This ‘clear and obvious error’ malarky is the get out. Its a ridiculous rule. It makes
VAR an opinion again where as it should be black n white.

Its either a foul/handball or its not. It cant be grey and down to ‘hmmm it was a foul but we dont think it was that obvious so crack on’.

No.
No team can be helped as much as that lot.
Somehow a poor mid table team has finished 3rd in the league.
Won a cup.
And got to the final of another.

Here we go. This is why it is bollocks.

PGMOLs excuses lined up:

Casemiro challenge wasn't a clear and obvious red (I thought the referees made those decisions?) so they couldn't intervene by recommending a yellow or changing the free-kick.

Grealish penalty was correct by the letter of the law (it wasn't) but the law may be changed next year.

de Bruyne penalty was a coming together.(no it wasn't), not enough in it to change the referee's decision (yes there was). Wouldn't have been overturned if the referee had given it.

Did I miss anything? Waiting for Dale Johnson at ESPN to confirm.

It's easy, this gaslighting lark.. and people on here fall for it as well.

Fuck me. I was spot on.

Fuck me. I was spot on.

PGMOL propaganda I think. Someone's been keen to spend time coming up with examples that prove they were correct decisions there.

This is what VAR has brought, the ability to make any call they want and justify it when we ALL know what we see.

Those decisions without VAR are straight forward, just like the rashford offside in the last game. But they're relying on the fact that it's all subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.