Do you need glasses and if so at what age did you start wearing them?

I am now 47 and just realised I can’t see a fucking thing. Optician for me weekend.
16 for me, now got varifocals but don’t wear them much as they take a lot of getting used to especially driving and negotiating stairs. Wear glasses all the time for distance, best advice is normal ones and Sunnies, wear them all the time in weather like this.

Been wearing them since I was a kid. Got cataracts and astigmatism in both eyes.

Went for an eye test a year ago and got told I needed Varifocals. Presumed this was the optician trying to scam more money out of me, so went and got a second opinion...and the 2nd optician told me I needed varifocals too.

That was a sharp shock to the system, to remind me im not getting any younger. I got varifocals with reactalite lenses and they cost a fortune but I'm so glad I don't need to faff around switching between normal glasses and sunglasses anymore.

So, if you do need glasses, I would highly recommend getting reactalite lenses.

Been wearing them since I was a kid. Got cataracts and astigmatism in both eyes.

Went for an eye test a year ago and got told I needed Varifocals. Presumed this was the optician trying to scam more money out of me, so went and got a second opinion...and the 2nd optician told me I needed varifocals too.

That was a sharp shock to the system, to remind me im not getting any younger. I got varifocals with reactalite lenses and they cost a fortune but I'm so glad I don't need to faff around switching between normal glasses and sunglasses anymore.

So, if you do need glasses, I would highly recommend getting reactalite lenses.
See my post a bit further up the thread...

Price up a pair with goggles4u about 3 weeks to arrive but excellent quality, having 'all bells' glasses are a crazy price on the high street.

See my post a bit further up the thread...

Price up a pair with goggles4u about 3 weeks to arrive but excellent quality, having 'all bells' glasses are a crazy price on the high street.
I priced mine up with Glasses Direct but my eyes are that bad, they couldn't meet my prescription!!

So, I had to pay a fortune with Specsavers :(

But yes, online glasses are the way to go, to save money. Providing you arent blind as a bat, like I am.

Late 20’s for distance never needed them for reading and still don’t. I’m 61 now:( Then started needing them for computer stuff but lately have found I see better without them when using the computer. My last eye test, the optician said sometimes your long sighted vision can ever so slightly improve as age it’s your short sighted vision that deteriorates but mine hasn’t. I can read small print perfectly without specs. The human body is amazing.

I started wearing them when I was 10...although until I was in my 20s I would avoid wearing them because of being called 'speccy 4 eyes' at school!!

Once tried contact lenses but lasted a month. Could not get used to them at all. I guess it didn't help that I really needed varifocal ones and they were difficult to adjust apparently. :-) C'est la vie.

Started wearing them on and off at school when I was 10. Started needing to wear them full-time at 12. Prescription has barely changed in the 17 years since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.