Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very, very astonished if Pep has had that conversation with Phillips, or intends to. People have said some very harsh things on here about Phillips. Well, it's a forum so who gives a toss, basically? But all I'm aware of is that Phillips must have been vetted by Pep and Txixi, and they must have seen something. And that for a large part of this season, he was injured.
I'm not defending the guy, especially. But I'm not attacking him either. I'm just saying, it's too soon. It also strikes me as unlikely that Phillips would have gone so public on wanting to stay at City and fight for a place. He would have taken advice on that beforehand.
Be very surprised if Phillips is shipped out in an exchange deal for Rice.
The debate around Phillips will rattle on no doubt. The factors affecting his showings and performances to date can also be debated at length. Considerable improvement is required though, of this there is no doubt. This fella is a classic case of time will tell.

As soon as we got to all the three finals, i had this calm sense of belief that its our year, our time and we will win the lot. Sure other blues also had that feeling...

And this sense of confidence doesn't come from a place of arrogance but seeing first hand the hard work club from top to bottom has put in to be nothing but the best. And i have a feeling, like the title race, we will eclipse Arsenal and close the Declan Rice deal.

He has clearly stated he wants to win things as great as Arsenal are they are not the GOLD STANDARD, he has more chance to winning things at City.

I think we'll get Rice specially now that Gundo has gone and Arsenal must be shitting bricks.

Just to see the looks and response of the AFTV lot.
ps: That robbie speech outside the Etihad with the background music trying to gee up Arsenal lol....still has me in stiches.

can some one post that beauty here? please....

As soon as we got to all the three finals, i had this calm sense of belief that its our year, our time and we will win the lot. Sure other blues also had that feeling...

And this sense of confidence doesn't come from a place of arrogance but seeing first hand the hard work club from top to bottom has put in to be nothing but the best. And i have a feeling, like the title race, we will eclipse Arsenal and close the Declan Rice deal.

He has clearly stated he wants to win things as great as Arsenal are they are not the GOLD STANDARD, he has more chance to winning things at City.

I think we'll get Rice specially now that Gundo has gone and Arsenal must be shitting bricks.

ps: That robbie speech outside the Etihad with the background music trying to gee up Arsenal lol....still has me in stiches.

I want us to sign Rice, I think he'd be brilliant for us. Are there any serious links with him though? The media seem to be pushing the story that Arsenal are favourites for him, but we may show an interest. Is that accurate?

There are alternate points of view. Rice could go to Arsenal and instantly be part of the spine along with Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba (all of which are under 24). Rice could come to Arsenal and instantly be part of the core as a place will be made for him in his preferred position. We are investing beyond Rice and keeping our players. Arteta is a young manager in the infancy of his Arsenal tenure and is likely to stay for a long time. If Rice joined Man City and signed a 5 year deal, who will be his manager in years 3-4-5? Pep is winding down at City and has likely signed his last contract. There is also a cloud that looms over Man City that could become a storm. Plus there is the London factor and home comfort.

Not every road points to Man City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.