Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are alternate points of view. Rice could go to Arsenal and instantly be part of the spine along with Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba (all of which are under 24). Rice could come to Arsenal and instantly be part of the core as a place will be made for him in his preferred position. We are investing beyond Rice and keeping our players. Arteta is a young manager in the infancy of his Arsenal tenure and is likely to stay for a long time. If Rice joined Man City and signed a 5 year deal, who will be his manager in years 3-4-5? Pep is winding down at City and has likely signed his last contract. There is also a cloud that looms over Man City that could become a storm. Plus there is the London factor and home comfort.

Not every road points to Man City.
Please don't try and conflate the situations. Some of your points are true but you cannot really claim that Arteta is in his infancy. This will be his fifth season in charge at Arsenal and he has been backed substantially by your board in terms of personnel. The reality, however, is that his teams, and they are his teams, have repeatedly choked in each of the last three seasons. Hard to deflect that off as a coincidence. Your board is again backing him and giving him what he wants, fair enough, but the harsh reality is that if he fails yet again to deliver success, then the fingers will start pointing at him and it could be time for a change on the throne. That would be regicide for most of us, but for you I suppose infanticide. ;-)

There are alternate points of view. Rice could go to Arsenal and instantly be part of the spine along with Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba (all of which are under 24). Rice could come to Arsenal and instantly be part of the core as a place will be made for him in his preferred position. We are investing beyond Rice and keeping our players. Arteta is a young manager in the infancy of his Arsenal tenure and is likely to stay for a long time. If Rice joined Man City and signed a 5 year deal, who will be his manager in years 3-4-5? Pep is winding down at City and has likely signed his last contract. There is also a cloud that looms over Man City that could become a storm. Plus there is the London factor and home comfort.

The Maine ones do.

Please don't try and conflate the situations. Some of your points are true but you cannot really claim that Arteta is in his infancy. This will be his fifth season in charge at Arsenal and he has been backed substantially by your board in terms of personnel. The reality, however, is that his teams, and they are his teams, have repeatedly choked in each of the last three seasons. Hard to deflect that off as a coincidence. Your board is again backing him and giving him what he wants, fair enough, but the harsh reality is that if he fails yet again to deliver success, then the fingers will start pointing at him and it could be time for a change on the throne. That would be regicide for most of us, but for you I suppose infanticide. ;-)

Arteta 500m spent for an fa cup and 2nd if they are around 6th after 10 games they’ll be booing him wanting him out

That signing makes no sense at all to me given how arteta is trying to get them playing like city 2 years ago. Havertz looks like a rag or dipper by pass midfield on quick transition type player offering little in procession based attacks.
You haven't watched Havertz much? He is a possession striker. Soft as jello, sure. But can't be accused of being a route 1 player.

I do agree, I don't get why they wanted him.

He isn't.

I've been a fan since his early loan to Watford and stood by him when he was getting the Kalvin Phillips treatment. Love his personality and the appreciation he's been getting.

But Gvardiol is a better player. Some people are in for a real surprise, it seems.
He is

ake is 28yrs and Gvardiol is 21yrs. thats a lot in football players lives.

Here we go again, yawn yawn fucking yawn.

No guarantee Arteta will be your manager after next season if he fucks up with the money he's spending / has spent.

Arteta 500m spent for an fa cup and 2nd if they are around 6th after 10 games they’ll be booing him wanting him out
It's terribly difficult to unseat a dominant team in a league, something we saw ourselves at the start of the last decade. Arsenal had a glorious chance to win last season and blew it, but what made it glorious wasn't just the lead they enjoyed but the other circumstances they enjoyed (no Champions League distraction and other big teams imploding left right and centre). All of the top seven big clubs (I'm including Spurs/Chelsea/Newcastle) have a sense of solidity about them going into the new season, which means it's going to be harder than ever to win anything. I think they might meet the expected price for Rice but whether Arteta can meet the expectations of their supporters is another question.

Last edited:
There can’t be many worse suggestions than Rice as Gundogan’s replacement. Kovacic deal was sorted because of it I think. Incomings won’t be as crazy in general imo, Can’t see anyone else other than maybe Gvardiol in, depending on Laporte’s exit

Winning football things means nothing compared to being a part of Anne Walton's army though. Disregard the Anne Walton pull at your own risk, when you google 'richest mother and spouse in the world', Anne Walton looking right back at you. If Rice knows how to google, he's as good as signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.