Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been waiting on Phillips. He knows we are prepared to let him leave.

Kalvin might want to stay, but it's being made clear he won't get many opportunities again next season.

Claims like this unfortunately stick, and before you know it you have loads here that cling to your words being all anti Phillips. The guy has said he wants to fight to contribute. Plenty others thers have had that chance. Zinchenko, Delph, even the big players like Rodri, Stones, Grealish B.Silva. Pep has shown he doesn't shut doors on players like that, so it is hard to believe the club are making that clear to him, particularly if then going on to chase a 100m player. I fully back the guy, and I hope other blues do too

If Phillips has to leave for us to make an offer for Rice, that's too many variables and elements to get in order to make this deal happen. I don't think we'll firm up any interest and he'll settle with the Arsenal move. I do appreciate Phillips fighting for his place if he stays though.

If Phillips has to leave for us to make an offer for Rice, that's too many variables and elements to get in order to make this deal happen. I don't think we'll firm up any interest and he'll settle with the Arsenal move. I do appreciate Phillips fighting for his place if he stays though.
Not HAS to, but if a player like Rice comes in, Kalvin will most likley go. Rice-deal doesn't hinder on Phillips going straight up.

Not sure who’s briefed you that mate but I can categorically guarantee that we won’t be firming up our very clear interest. That’s come from somebody today at the club that is ‘in the know’ and a close mate I trust implicitly.
So to make this clear we no longer have an interest in Rice?

Claims like this unfortunately stick, and before you know it you have loads here that cling to your words being all anti Phillips. The guy has said he wants to fight to contribute. Plenty others thers have had that chance. Zinchenko, Delph, even the big players like Rodri, Stones, Grealish B.Silva. Pep has shown he doesn't shut doors on players like that, so it is hard to believe the club are making that clear to him, particularly if then going on to chase a 100m player. I fully back the guy, and I hope other blues do too
Not sure the claim made is anything we all don’t already know. Philips would need to be living on another planet. Truth is that he won’t be getting past Rodri. John stones was preferred when it should have been Phillips beside Rodri. Kova coming in will also hinder his game time.

I admire his attitude but sometimes the writing is on the wall. Pep never digs out players and the fact he mentioned Kalvin’d weight so publicly was out of character and damning.

Has he done enough? I can give him the injury excuse but for me he is hiding behind the”it takes a year under pep to learn”. He was managed by Bielsa and I was expecting him to come in and challenge for a midfield role.

Very underwhelming so far but no one is going to pile on the player. We all want our players to do well but sometimes it don’t work out.

I think we've already signed one of the best midfielders in the Premier league already. Kovacic, peps wanted him for ages. You put Kovacic in that Gundogan role its going to be scary for other teams. It's a scary thought that Peps going to improve him even more. Rice even said in a interview Kovacic is one the hardest opponents he's come up against.

If he only wants to go to Arsenal and they are bidding against themselves, you have to ask why the deal isn't done?

We have been waiting on Phillips. He knows we are prepared to let him leave.

Kalvin might want to stay, but it's being made clear he won't get many opportunities again next season.
Sorry mate. I understand your info is passed on in good faith but the part about Kalvin being told he won’t get opportunities next season is just complete BS.

I literally spoke to Kalvin one week ago and he has communicated to the club he is 100% staying to fight for his place and he has been assured that he will remain a key part of the first team squad by Pep himself. He’ll get more game time next season if he impresses in training and if he takes the opportunities he’s given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.