It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think losing Gundo (no surprise) and replacing him with Kovacic isnt the ideal scenario.....Gundo had goals in him.....Kovacic throughout his career hasnt been that player...maybe Pep thinks he can so who knows but at present it doesnt appear great in that one respect

Having said that Kovacic is a decent player. ....certainly better that Phillips - id happily see the back of him as I just dont think he is ever going to usurp Rodri and it seemed like Pep preferred Stones and even Rico Lewis pushing into midfield rather than play Phillips

We all think that Foden may play more central...he can certainly add goals but Gundo had that knack of doing it in huge games and I think that is something experience gives players....maybe Foden just doesnt have that experience yet though he certainly has the skill set.

IF Bernardo leaves we absolutely must bring someone else in and we cant replace like for like but its going to have to be someone spectacular at some aspect of the game! If Mahrez leaves we may need 2 new players

If we end up with just Gvardiol and Kovacic that is a backwards step even keeping Bernie

He plays for Celta Vigo that barely escaped relegation, yet scored 11 goals and had 4 assists.
Similar stats to a certain German that had just left us, he can't be that bad :)?
View attachment 84842

Worth mentioning that Veiga had the biggest over performance between goals and expected goals (xG) in the Spanish league (11 goals from 6.1 xG). Which either means his finishing level is so elite Haaland should ask him for advice on how to be a better finisher, or that he had somewhat of a lucky streak and its extremely unlikely he would be able to keep these kind of goal scoring numbers up unless his performances improve greatly. With that said, he is obviously young and will improve over time. I just think he would definitely not have been mentioned with the clubs he is and for that €40m fee if he had only scored the 6 goals that was expected from the amount of chances he had. According to the data that is :)

What’s our depth chart looking like assuming no more incomings after Kovacic and Gvardiol and also assuming Bernie, Mahrez and walker stay? Also I haven’t included youngsters like Rico and Palmer.

GK: Ederson, Ortega, Carson

CB: Akanji, Walker, Dias, Stones, Gvardiol, Ake

MF: Rodri, Stones, Kovacic, Bernardo, KDB, Foden

ATT: Haaland, Alvarez, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Bernardo
The GK and CB looks very good

MF looks little light as we are using Stones in there.....Im not sure if Pep will continue to do that as he may want to evolve again as teams start to work out how to counter the system he had...Inter did it in the final....and other teams at the back end of the season started to do it as well.....

Attack - well all depends on Mahrez and Bernardo situations - I id still say that we need one player who can play both mid and attack

What’s our depth chart looking like assuming no more incomings after Kovacic and Gvardiol and also assuming Bernie, Mahrez and walker stay? Also I haven’t included youngsters like Rico and Palmer.

GK: Ederson, Ortega, Carson

CB: Akanji, Walker, Dias, Stones, Gvardiol, Ake

MF: Rodri, Stones, Phillips, Kovacic, Bernardo, KDB, Foden

ATT: Haaland, Alvarez, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Bernardo
Throw a quality wide player who can play down the left in there and I'd say we are good to go

Throw a quality wide player who can play down the left in there and I'd say we are good to go
Wouldn’t pep prefer a small but versatile and quality squad. So for example Foden will rotate with Kev at RCM and Grealish at LW. While Silva can rotate with Kovacic at LCM and Mahrez at RW. Keeps the squad happy and not bloated which helps us avoid any potential mood problems in the dressing room.

Worth mentioning that Veiga had the biggest over performance between goals and expected goals (xG) in the Spanish league (11 goals from 6.1 xG). Which either means his finishing level is so elite Haaland should ask him for advice on how to be a better finisher, or that he had somewhat of a lucky streak and its extremely unlikely he would be able to keep these kind of goal scoring numbers up unless his performances improve greatly. With that said, he is obviously young and will improve over time. I just think he would definitely not have been mentioned with the clubs he is and for that €40m fee if he had only scored the 6 goals that was expected from the amount of chances he had. According to the data that is :)

Looks like he can certainly strike a ball, some very good finishes in here, even though its not all his goals this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.