It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Looks like he can certainly strike a ball, some very good finishes in here

Sure, that has usually been the case when someone has over performed their numbers by a considerable amount. But 11 goals from 6 xG is such a huge over performance that its completely unrealistic to expect anyone to keep that up over time. Not even prime Messi or Ronaldo over performed their xG with anything close to that (percentage wise). A world class finisher scores on average around 8 goals from 6 xG. Considering the small sample size, its just much more likely he would revert to scoring something similar to what is expected over time. But like I said, he is young and of course will most likely improve in the future as well!

In my opinion, its one of the easiest traps to fall into is buying someone who during a few months or a season performs on a level the underlying numbers say is unsustainable over time. Vlahovic is a recent example, Darwin Nunez another one. Jesse Lingard had a few months in West Ham when he had a crazy over performance as well. Unless the player in question is a proven over performer over time the underlying numbers should be seen as a more accurate picture of what the player actually offers. Just my opinion :)

Last edited:
Sure, that has usually been the case when someone has over performed their numbers by a considerable amount. But 11 goals from 6 xG is such a huge over performance that its completely unrealistic to expect anyone to keep that up over time. Not even prime Messi or Ronaldo over performed their xG with anything close to that (percentage wise). A world class finisher scores on average around 8 goals from 6 xG. Considering the small sample size, its just much more likely he would revert to scoring something similar to what is expected over time.

In my opinion, its one of the easiest traps to fall into is buying someone who during a few months or a season performs on a level the underlying numbers say is unsustainable over time. Vlahovic is a recent example, Darwin Nunez another one. Jesse Lingard had a few months in West Ham when he had a crazy over performance as well. Unless the player in question is a proven over performer over time the underlying numbers should be seen as a more accurate picture of what the player actually offers. Just my opinion :)
Most of us understand the basics of math, and in certain city and the scouting team do too. Not to discredit your post as I agree with it, but I have loads of confidence in city if they’re after someone.

Most of us understand the basics of math, and in certain city and the scouting team do too. Not to discredit your post as I agree with it, but I have loads of confidence in city if they’re after someone.
Yeah I think Veiga could be a good signing over time. I would not just expect him to have much more of an impact than someone like say Ferran Torres (different positions, I know) had during the first year or so if we sign him. With that said, I have only seen him play 3 or 4 times so City obviously knows a lot more about him than what I do. If the rumors are true and we are actually interested in him, I personally would be surprised if we are. But I'm just a dumb fan, City are professional and perhaps the best in the business so they obviously know what they are doing.

A lot happened with him, not all good. One moment I would like to remember of him is the COVID Chelsea match when Ederson was unable due to his COVID problems. Steffen made a leaping save just as Chelsea seemed to be looking good, and without having gotten all three points at that particular time, things could have gone terribly wrong. Fernandinho and the squad pulled together somehow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.