Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let him run his contract down and don't cash in just yet. Same with Mahrez although that would make a bit more sense with his age (although his girlfiend may still not be too chuffed either moving to Dubai or even somewhere in Saudi Arabia). More than likely it is bullshit and it is similar to the lever pulling that went on at Barcelona last summer.

Her mum and dad live in Dubai though?

Well that's a negative description. Self caring may be more appropriate. Anyway it's down to Pep and the board...but I challenge any blue to say he wouldn't improve the squad. And if Bernie is to leave which I would hate...then Mbappe would cushion the blow.... for me at least.
Pep won't touch him with a bargepole. Only good people remember ad good of a player as he is. He is too expensive anyway.

With the wages they are paying the transfer fee of say £80 mill should be peanuts for them.

I wonder how this Saudi thing will turn out in the long run.

Well that's a negative description. Self caring may be more appropriate. Anyway it's down to Pep and the board...but I challenge any blue to say he wouldn't improve the squad. And if Bernie is to leave which I would hate...then Mbappe would cushion the blow.... for me at least.

Don't see the point of him improving the squad if he simultaneously decimates morale.

I don't think age is much of an issue with Bernie. He's like Modric. A tiny, light framed, dynamo, who will perform at the highest level for another 4 or 5 years yet. If we were to accept £45m for him, it would be a joke......
I don’t disagree that £45M is pocket change for him. I just wonder if City made some gentleman’s agreement with him last year.
Fwiw, that £45M number was from one of the many football blogs out there (Football Insider 24/7) and not from any ITK source.

I’m not sure he has another 4-5 yrs in England in him, but on the Continent? Probably.

As I’ve said previously, it’s a short career, esp with what he has left, so he needs to do what’s best for his career and tell his wife the next 5 yrs are his and then she gets him for the next 50…but I doubt that’s the way it’ll go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.