Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Rival fans banging on about him having an expensive lawyer to beat the charges. Will they ever accept innocence with anybody and anything connected to the the champions of Europe/England/Manchester.

I've not followed any of this. Is this a case of genuinely innocent or did he have very good lawyers and there was a few payouts?

I never said I don’t trust the process, did I? I just said there are multiple cases where courts have found someone not guilty (or vice versa) but people think otherwise based on what they see and hear. Mendy is free and good for him but I can still form my own opinion that 7 different women don’t suddenly accuse a person of rape when statistically speaking the false accusations of rape are very low. So forgive me if I have some doubts.

I have heard this quite a bit, but I'm very sceptical over the backing evidence. The issue with most rape cases is that it happens between two people with no witnesses. In other words, it ends up being one person's word against another's, so how does anyone come to this conclusion? You would have to assume that the accuser is telling the truth with no evidence to come to this belief that the majority of these accused are guilty.

In these cases, it is impossible to tell who is lying. I also find it odd that people find it such an unbelievable thing that people will lie. People are willing to rape; do you really think people are not willing to lie? Just as an example, there a woman recently who was only jailed for about 6 months after being proven to have lied about being raped. So, it doesn't even carry a heavy sentence for everyone.

Overall, I think this case just shows that people should not be making up their minds about people they do not know. You do not know these women or Mendy, so you have no idea what they are capable of doing, thus you are incapable of knowing who is lying.

Also, not a response to you, I do not understand this bit about him being found not guilty as opposed to innocent. They are the same thing. There are only two states: guilty or innocent. You cannot be in the middle, so that means not guilty is innocent. On top of that, the basis of criminal law is innocent until proven guilty. It is a bit of a nonsensical argument to say otherwise.

I never said I don’t trust the process, did I? I just said there are multiple cases where courts have found someone not guilty (or vice versa) but people think otherwise based on what they see and hear. Mendy is free and good for him but I can still form my own opinion that 7 different women don’t suddenly accuse a person of rape when statistically speaking the false accusations of rape are very low. So forgive me if I have some doubts.
Thankfully your doubts are inconsequential.
The no smoke without fire and mud sticks approach to law.

If at a further juncture he is found to have committed any of these offences - then it is the due legal process that will determine it. The law can and does envigilate itself. There is no alternative unless you want the "he looks a wrongun" or lynch mob rule of law.

Well it was said in response to multiple posts, some of which have since been removed, calling his accusers out for being liars, as well as 'gold-diggers' and 'slags'.

mendy may of had sex when he wanted and they didn't, however the things that his defence had would of put major doubt into the jurys minds , searches from one/some the accusers about mendy's wealth( before reporting the crime) , videos of sex acts showing consent between everybody, videos that would make the everyday person blush,claims they didn't know each other, im sure there will be other details that will come out,its all been a bit of a mess for everyone involved including city.

glad its over and done with , for everyone's sake

My friend in the media had recordings. In those instances it was very much consensual. And he’s a rag.

Thankfully your doubts are inconsequential.
The no smoke without fire and mud sticks approach to law.

If at a further juncture he is found to have committed any of these offences - then it is the due legal process that will determine it. The law can and does envigilate itself. There is no alternative unless you want the "he looks a wrongun" or lynch mob rule of law.
Given how little time the jury deliberated you would have thought the case was weak and his not guilty verdict was compelling

I honestly believe all parties have the right to remain anonymous until the courts have given their verdict (something that doesn’t seem to be the case about the nurse in Chester either)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.