Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Scotland used to have a verdict of not proven. It was abolished in April I think.

O J Simpson was acquitted in a criminal murder case and then found guilty of causing the deaths when the family brought a civil action and fined $33 million.
Not proven was always controversial in Scotland because it suggested that the accused was guilty but that there was insufficient evidence.

There was a sketch on the Scottish comedy show Naked Video (or one of its predecessors) where the accused was in the dock and was asked what was his plea?

He replied: Not Proven.

Mendy is a free man that's all that matters now, he will feel pain for how the club just turned its back on him,
for City to rip up his contract looks like an easy way out, we should have backed him until proved otherwise

Mendy walks away a free man but his name is Mud, an innocent man will want justice
Evening Ben

I know a woman who works at City and has close dealings with the players. She said from the very start it was a load of rubbish, I think I mentioned it back in the thread before comments were obviously shut down. She said the women all knew one another and Mendy treated them very well spending a fortune on them. Of course that doesn't mean he was innocent but it's now been proved he was. What a terrible ordeal to live with for three years.

We won’t need to discuss the differences between being found not guilty and being actually innocent with Huw Edwards because there’s not going to be a criminal trial.

I genuinely don’t think there’s a single person in this thread who can’t understand that not guilty =/= innocent and that some people will not be taking this verdict to be proof Mendy did nothing wrong.

It’s all performative, pretend bullshit, it’s all because the crime in question is rape, so we have to deal with the usual “when’s international MENS day?!!!” Type posters who like to take a not guilty verdict in a case like this as an excuse to partake in some misogyny and call all the women involved liars and false accusers and demand they are punished - when actually this case showed pretty clearly that false accusations are easily rooted out.

I dread to think how many posts the mods have had to remove in the last few hours.

Starting with your UK /US comparison posts hopefully

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.