United Thread - 2023/24

....and the first iteration of FFP was to control DEBTuntil Gill and his luckiest shit their kex and changed it.

It's piss funny to know that, not only are they now hamstrung by their own invention, but have also failed their own exam.

Brilliant !!

Not really surprising when you consider the state of the things in the fantasy world in which they exist.

There was a good article in the Athletic (Adam Crafton) Where he explained in some detail that their maximum budget was 122m before sales.

So far on sales they have only recouped 6m for Telles.

Elanga, Henderson, Bailly & Fred could go for about 60+m.
Van De Beek, McTominay and Maguire could squeeze out another 70m

By my guestimation it's about 260m to play with. So this spending limit thing is mostly a red herring.

And don't be surprised at the end of August, when they chuck in a higher bid for Kane after Bayern have agreed the fee. They did the same when Bale had agreed to join Madrid. Woodwoodwardward offered 10m more, but Bale didn't want to go to them.
Even having £122m to spend in one window before sales doesn't exactly sound like a "limited" transfer budget to me.

In all the years we've been ruining football with our supposedly limitless budget have we ever spent £120m+ in one single window?

Have you seen this shite?

The kit obviously, but also the marketing crap?

Night-green for Manchester's 'urban landscape'?

'Vertical stripes in united's dna'???

1000006836.jpg

Even having £122m to spend in one window before sales doesn't exactly sound like a "limited" transfer budget to me.

In all the years we've been ruining football with our supposedly limitless budget have we ever spent £120m+ in one single window?

But it is their " earned money " so that is ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.