Eberechi Eze

Any forum should be about expressing opinions, regardless of whether we agree with our management or not, without offending people we disagree with. We can say the management is always right, but we wouldn't have a forum then. They are not always right, but I think we all trust them and will support their decisions in the end because of our enormous success. In the meantime, we are all just discussing potential options.
No one that has ever been born is right all the time, and hence why opinions matter.

It's our club, we have all suffered as well as having the wonderful moments, we will be here long after Pep and Co have long gone.

People saying your not entitled to an opinion are a joke, discussion and debate should and are wonderful parts of life.

Bullshit. Go pull that dismissive bullshit on somebody who gives a fuck. When you get fair minded opinions from the likes of CrushtheCartel, Haaland94 and myself among others posting against a potential signing it says this isn't the usual "no one's good enough" BM nonsense typically seen with every player we're rumored to be in on...Eze for us is spotty off the jump...at 90mil its absolutely fucking ridiculous!
I think there is a level of bias towards the players from the Premier League, especially if they are English. Imagine we were offering £90m for Jesper Lindstrøm from Frankfurt. People would lose their minds. Most replies would be along the lines of "Who?" At least Jesper plays for Denmark and has CL experience, and I am not saying we should sign him.

I don’t get why some people have a go at fans saying it’s not your money etc but the fact is due to ffp we only spend x amount and if spending 100 mil on jack rodwell meant we missed out on aguero for example I don’t get why fans can’t be annoyed? 90 mil can buy a lot better player and a much more valuable player, i don’t think any club should pay more than 50 mil for a player that isn’t going to be in their best 11 yet alone 90 it just feels like he’s our 5/6 th choice target in that position but for that much personally I’d rather us wait a year and get our next first or second choice

Good job we won £300million in prize money last year then isn't it? I'd rather overpay a bit for a player than leave the squad short of players and put ourselves in a situation where we are an injury to a couple of players away from a dogfight for top 4.

Haven't seen him play that much but has always seemed a smooth player with very good technical ability. Hard to judge at Palace as to how good he could become for us.

Not a signing that would really excite me initially but one that could prove to be very useful if he settles in relatively quickly.

I think there is a level of bias towards the players from the Premier League, especially if they are English. Imagine we were offering £90m for Jesper Lindstrøm from Frankfurt. People would lose their minds. Most replies would be along the lines of "Who?" At least Jesper plays for Denmark and has CL experience, and I am not saying we should sign him.
And if this deal does not come to fruition, we will get the normal he's sh1t anyway or we can get better from the same people blowing bubbles up his arse today.

No one that has ever been born is right all the time, and hence why opinions matter.

It's our club, we have all suffered as well as having the wonderful moments, we will be here long after Pep and Co have long gone.

People saying your not entitled to an opinion are a joke, discussion and debate should and are wonderful parts of life.
Amen! This post should be at the top of every thread.

Anyway, I will be there "after Pep" (since he is injured) against Fulham, and I don't even live in England anymore :). Hopefully, Pep will be back in no time, though :).

Works both ways I think. There is an element of what you say but there is also an element of bias against players in the PL, especially English ones from not too successful clubs. People tend to get more excited about more glamorous signings from overseas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.