Eberechi Eze

There’s no doubt Eze is a talented player. However, the fee being banded about is finished article, top class money and he’s nowhere near that.

I also think if Cole Palmer moved to West Ham, Brighton or Palace and got a similar amount of game time as Eze, he’d be just as good and valued at a similar amount.

We all know the market is fucked but at least Chelsea and Arsenal are spending £100+ million on players guaranteed to start for them. Eze gets nowhere near our starting 11 in a fully fit squad.

Think if he plays on the left kinda makes sense, doku tearing past people on the right and grealish turning back on the left throws us out of balance, grealish eases past players in the middle so might see him more inside, as does foden, throw in kovacic bernardo and rodri carrying the ball from deeper and we could become quite direct which would be good to see again, gives other teams something to think about as well rather than just sitting in behind watching us pass the ball side to side, 90m is massive money but seems to be becoming the norm so something to get used to bar the odd bargain

If this is a player Pep "loves" then why has it taken us one week until the window slams shut to register an interest. It reeks of panic.

We need to bring in a world class midfielder to supplement the middle and give Rodders respite, not some so-so player with no international cap to his name.

90m is ridiculous. For me he would be a back up player who isn’t as good as what we currently have.

Just give Macatee or Palmer a chance. I honestly think they could save us all of this money
Pep and the team will have watched McAtee all summer. I’m pretty sure they will have a fair steer on whether he is good enough yet or not.

I'm not particularly behind this signing but we need bodies. Did you not see our Bench on Saturday?

We need an experienced player to come in to help with minute distribution in the middle. Rodri is begging for more rotation and another 8 allows us to drop kovacic back there if needs be. Foden will need rotating and some point too and kovacic can't play every game.

We also have De Bruyne as well. You’d have to rotate both Foden and Kev a lot to justify the Eze signing.

Our best players usually start all the biggest games. So to me we’d be spending 90m on a back up/ rotation player - that’s ridiculous

Eze is a slightly more advanced version of McAtee and 5 years older. Doesn't address what we need, doesn't improve us, and we overpay massively. How did we go from discussing the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Paqueta, Barella, and Wirtz to Eze? This is a panic buy if I have ever seen one. I would rather go into the season with what we have. We haven't done these in a few years...
I am disappointed on the Eze news but he is head and shoulders more advanced and better than McAtee at this time.

McAtee is a superb talent but at this stage of his career he and a lot on here think he is better than he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.