Welcome Jeremy Doku | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

I'm guessing you didn't know that much about Manuel Akanji either ?
We’d played against Dortmund the other year and he’d played for them, so I must have seen him on those nights. But I didn’t remember him from those games when we signed him.

Well, that all sums up how ludicrous the market is, 50m for someone with so many potential negatives, when I read he had 2 assists last year from 29 appearances I thought that's not someone to splurge the money on, and also wonder what's going through Cole's mind, or other academy hopefuls for that matter.
Hope I'm proved wrong, but this looks unnecessary to me, we'll see...
What it does is gives us some needed numbers because we are paper thin. But I reckon, two years ago, this would have been a £20+m signing and someone we’d be wondering whether he would be going to Girona or part of the first team.

Imagine if Kovačić (who has a poor injury record in his career) gets injured for a bit and Bernardo and Foden are in midfield and then Palmer gets another injury. We’d have had to have played Walker as an attacking right winger.

What it does is gives us some needed numbers because we are paper thin. But I reckon, two years ago, this would have been a £20+m signing and someone we’d be wondering whether he would be going to Girona or part of the first team.

Imagine if Kovačić (who has a poor injury record in his career) gets injured for a bit and Bernardo and Foden are in midfield and then Palmer gets another injury. We’d have had to have played Walker as an attacking right winger.
No he doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.