Welcome Jeremy Doku | Signing confirmed on a five-year deal

I hope he does turn out to be good, but I'd say he needs a bit of work before he can be playing. Someone else mentioned he's a bit Traore and he does seem to be.

He looks very quick. This is him v Wolves.

Well, that all sums up how ludicrous the market is, 50m for someone with so many potential negatives, when I read he had 2 assists last year from 29 appearances I thought that's not someone to splurge the money on, and also wonder what's going through Cole's mind, or other academy hopefuls for that matter.
Hope I'm proved wrong, but this looks unnecessary to me, we'll see...
Mahrez £30m
Doku £55m

So we are out £25m roughly and Doku is probably on lower wages.

Same with Gvardiol £77m out.
Laporte £25m in.

Spent £77m wages and squad age reduced.

Hardly splurging.

Chavs spent £970m in a year.

United paid £60m for mount and only got £11m for Fred.

City are very prudent in the market.

Citys medical staff should be watching him. He has a higher risk of an ACL tear with those herky jerky moves and the force he applies to accelerate. I hope he stays uninjured. He does have a tough time getting back in full rhythm. Before 2022 he was just fearless and probably had even more pace than now. I think natural growth and time spent rehab made him a bit more heavier muscular and maybe not as fast as before. Pre injury Doku was scandalous.

But it doesnt matter if he lost a fraction of pace because the kid has next level awareness. Hes more a Hazard on steroids than Traore.

I also see some Ronaldinho in his style. Thats why I'm unsure about the "raw" description. Technically hes as polished as it gets. If raw means not a great finisher yet, or needs to learn how not to drift out of gamaes then I guess yeah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.