Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s been a good window. It’d be a great window if Cancelo’s Barca loan breaks down and Saudi comes in.

Some very good new players but cannot but feel a bit underwhelmed and concerned we will not replace the goals and assists of Gundog and Mahrez especially now KDB is absent.

We need a top class AM in the next two days imo, the rest of our incomings have been great but no pint in Palmer going unless we have someone better coming in as the squad still needs one more bit of magic

It’s definitely the strangest one in recent times, but a treble does do that both the club might want a shake up and players may feel the time is right to move on.

I’m with the goals and assists worry lot, we seemed to have lost a lot and none of the new ones seem good in that aspect. Doku has potential but no guarantee of goals.

Haaland had a record breaking season, but no guarantee he will again.

So a lot to find.

The 2 early signings are excellent and seem typical City signings.

Since then it’s gone a bit unpredictable and not City esque, but you can tell smart business sense has prevailed and our net spend is very good.

Probably need Nunez to prove me wrong to be a great window.

Purely because of KDB injury, I think we need a one akanji type signing who can play as an attacking midfielder and possibly on the wings...

Or then we try to loan an attacking player who would be somewhat happy as a bench player. Would of course be incredibly difficult to get required quality ON LOAN at this stage of the window.

Probably the easier option would be to go for a low cost player who can be used from the bench if needed. Loan would be preferred since kdb will be back and with him our squad is in a good shape...
Paging Terry Cooke

We can't possibly judge for a few months, but undoubtedly we're in a period of transition.

Since the 3-2 over Villa (only 15 months ago) we've seen Jesus, Fernandinho, Sterling, Zinchenko, Mahrez, Gundogan, Laporte, and probably Cancelo all depart. That's 8 of the 14 players who featured that day.

Forget the transfer fees, the biggest indicator will be the games where the opposition are looking reasonably comfortable.

Last Season it was Mahrez (Stamford Bridge) and Gundogan (Goodison Park) who made vital contributions.
Can the new players replicate in such a short period of time?
Mahrez at Stamford Bridge was just a tap-in from a nice cross from Grealish and poor keeping from Kepa. Mahrez at home to Spurs is a much better example We were dead at half time and it could have been a hammer blow to our title hopes. He almost single-handedly turned around that game with a performance I will never forget. Utterly sensational. Doku will not produce that any time soon (and may never do) but he offers something different so we'll have to see how it turns out.

I’m with you on all of this mate. We seem to have to go through this lunacy on the forum every summer, and then again every time we suffer a defeat.

Will these idiots ever realise that the club know what they are doing?
If only Arsenal hadnt won the title on the back of Jesus and Zinchenko ... then they would have nothing to cling to

Okay money in :-
Palmer 45
Mahrez 30
Laporte 25
Trafford 15
Charles 19
Borges 14
Porto 10
Lavia 10

Ttl £168

Out
Gvardiol 77
Kovacic 30
Nunes 47
Doku 55
Ttl
£209

Net spend 41m plus add ons for Trafford/Charles and Borges.
We have added two Croatian worldies plus Nunes who will surprise many people plus a 21yr old exciting Belgian International albeit an unknown quantity.
We have brought the age profile down which was needed without significantly if at all reducing the quality.
If people don't trust the board after winning a treble then they never will.
We may move Cancelo and Phillips in Jan in which case we will be net positive spend again.

Yet the narrative still continues that we spend the most money, get ready made best players -- a high school coach could do Pep's job ...

Strange one for me, improved defensively and extra bodies in midfield but we simply haven't replaced the goals / assists that Gunslinger and Mahrez gave us. Buying 2 defensive minded midfields baffles me slightly unless it's purely for numbers, we so desperately needed an attacking/creative mid. 1 more injury to Foden/Bernardo and its not looking good going forward. At least we shouldn't concede many hehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.