Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hand-gesture.gif

Such a double edged sword with the youth players sold aswell, the revenue is very beneficial as its all profit on the balance sheet. I also understand very few players are good enough to get on the pitch for City at 18-21 and these lads need to be playing regularly to realise their potential.

On the other hand I feel we've lost a particularly talented bunch this Summer.

Trafford
Harwood-Bellis
Doyle
Borges
Mebude
Palmer

honestly wouldn't be surprised if every one of them got 30 caps for their country.
Palmer unlikely but possible if he flourishes at Chelsea. Borges haven't seen, but alot of very good Portuguese players. Trafford may get a few because the quality of English keepers is by far the poorest in my lifetime, and Mebude if he can play for Scotland for similar reason.
Doyle and Harwood-Bellis will do extremely well to play bulk of careers in the prem.
......but you could argue that the amount of caps Rashford has, they could all end up with over 100.

We might aswell pack in then
Okay money in :-
Palmer 45
Mahrez 30
Laporte 25
Trafford 15
Charles 19
Borges 14
Porto 10
Lavia 10

Ttl £168

Out
Gvardiol 77
Kovacic 30
Nunes 47
Doku 55
Ttl
£209

Net spend 41m plus add ons for Trafford/Charles and Borges.
We have added two Croatian worldies plus Nunes who will surprise many people plus a 21yr old exciting Belgian International albeit an unknown quantity.
We have brought the age profile down which was needed without significantly if at all reducing the quality.
If people don't trust the board after winning a treble then they never will.

Outstanding I would say given the circumstances…

We’ve brought in Gvardiol (21), Kovacic (29), Nunes (25) & Doku (21)

We’ve lost Gundogan (32), Mahrez (32) & Laporte (29)

And because of significant sales from a hugely successful academy set-up we’ve managed the above all for around £50M net spend. For me the best part about it is a feel we have fantastic balance on the defence and defensive / central midfield options now and all efforts for next summer can be focussed on inevitably replacing Bernardo and starting to think about a KDB backfill. All while keeping hold of the budget to do exactly that.

Managing windows like this and not rushing into bad deals is how this club will stay at the very top for a very long time. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Whilst I think defensively we have certainly improved, I do think from an attacking point of view we are certainly weaker this season.

I just wonder if the club have underestimated how many goals and assists are now out of the team with Gundogan and Mahrez gone, and that's not taking into account the now sudden De Bruyne injury.

I just don't think City see any value in the market right now and seem pretty insistent on following the trend of keeping our net spend in a healthy state. Is this a move to satisfy the Premier League and UEFA? I don't know...

Kovacic has added an energy into our midfield that I think only Bernardo gave us last season and Doku is still a work in progress but looks exciting. Nunes will be a decent squad addition.

Sensible transfer window from city. We have some solid players in & all younger which was needed. Only spent £50m is incredible business

Boring & responsible city :-)

Transition, but good if not great window

Gundo and Mahrez are huge losses, I don't see Laporte as a big loss. But those 2 are both in their 30's, the only way is down

Gvardiol and Doku are young, they replace Laporte and Mahrez. Are they as good as them now? Probably not, but their future is ahead of them not behind them

Kovacic isn't like-for-like for Gundogan, but both are world class midfielders and it just means we are playing slightly different, but with a younger guy

Nunes I'm not a fan of, not been impressed by him but will see how he fares

Palmer is frustrating but that's silly money for a player with so few senior caps comparing him to Doku who's a Belgium regular and has played a lot of football

Also opens up some chances for McAtee and Bobb who I don't think are too far from Palmers current level

We won't miss any of the kids who have left on permanent deals

Keeping Bernardo and Walker is huge

Lots of positives, some negatives but overall a very good window

Confusing.

We missed Bellingham.

Saudis messed the market up.

What was Rice all about?

Cancelo loaned.

Sold Palmer.

Laporte and Mahrez sold for small fees particularly the former.

Gundogan leaving late in the day with an offer on the table.

Walker and Bayern nonsense.

Usual Bernardo dance.

Paquetta accused on a betting scam.

I think we have coped but I’d be fooling myself if I thought this has been a great window.

I think our plans went out of the window and we got unlucky.

Brought in 4 good players so far but I think our squad as a whole is a little weaker than last season and we missed the chance to really kick on.

Luckily we have Pep so it probably won’t matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.