Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9/10 ??? Our squad is significantly weaker than it was 2 months ago. Gvardiol is hopefully a nice upgrade on Laporte. Kovacic is good but no doubt a downgrade on Gundo. Doku is an exiting prospect but not even comparable to Mahrez. Nunes is a much, much worse player than KDB who is out half the season. If Cole leaves this window couldnt have gone much worse. 3/10.
We might aswell pack in then

Purely because of KDB injury, I think we need a one akanji type signing who can play as an attacking midfielder and possibly on the wings...

Or then we try to loan an attacking player who would be somewhat happy as a bench player. Would of course be incredibly difficult to get required quality ON LOAN at this stage of the window.

Probably the easier option would be to go for a low cost player who can be used from the bench if needed. Loan would be preferred since kdb will be back and with him our squad is in a good shape...
I know ansu fati and joao felix might be available for loan moves. They could work well as impact subs in terms of creativity but then again I have mixed feelings about their suitability in terms of workrate/attitude/personality...

Such a double edged sword with the youth players sold aswell, the revenue is very beneficial as its all profit on the balance sheet. I also understand very few players are good enough to get on the pitch for City at 18-21 and these lads need to be playing regularly to realise their potential.

On the other hand I feel we've lost a particularly talented bunch this Summer.

Trafford
Harwood-Bellis
Doyle
Borges
Mebude
Palmer

honestly wouldn't be surprised if every one of them got 30 caps for their country.

Such a double edged sword with the youth players sold aswell, the revenue is very beneficial as its all profit on the balance sheet. I also understand very few players are good enough to get on the pitch for City at 18-21 and these lads need to be playing regularly to realise their potential.

On the other hand I feel we've lost a particularly talented bunch this Summer.

Trafford
Harwood-Bellis
Doyle
Borges
Mebude
Palmer

honestly wouldn't be surprised if every one of them got 30 caps for their country.
Sadly none of them were likely to be regular starters for us in the near future. Hopefully they'll go on to have decent careers elsewhere.

I really like the ages of Gvardiol, Doku and Nunes...21, 21 and just turned 25 a couple of days ago.

On paper and numbers wise it looks great. I am sure we will have some teething problems settling so many new faces into the team. Won’t be long before people will harp back to ffs days or palmer two good games

very happy with the business and the fees both in and out.

With Palmer out and Nunes in, we currently have 9 players for the 6 midfield and forward options,

Haaland
Alvarez
Grealish
Doku
Foden
Bernie

Rodri
Kova
Nunes

This means to me that:

1) Doku will play a lot more than I expected with Palmer out, also means he is primarily bought for the LW, not RW imo.

2) Pep will likely supplement with Bobb a lot more to rotate, McAtee may seem more likely to stay, but still think he goes on loan

3) Pep is banking on us not getting big injuries, at least until KdB is back

4) We have to be looking at a big money forward option next year like Wirtz

5) The 4231 with Walker wide is likely to be our main formation as we are losing a wide RW in Palmer, Pep will likely just have a defender hold the width there and let Foden/Bernie come inside. Lewis is primed to get minutes here imo.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.