United Thread - 2023/24

The fool ten haag said in the interview zone: we were the best team and deserved to win. the offside disallowed goal was an error, bla bla bla

What a pleasure to see the entitled rags in denial mode.
Ten Hag is the best manager at denial they've had so far. His post match interviews are unbelievable. It's like he's been to a totally different game. I don't know how the interviewers keep a straight face.

An honest post on the cafe.

We look like a team pretending to be a modern team more than it feels like a genuine fit. I'd have hoped to see more of a development of a true style after a full year and two pre-seasons and a boatload of cash (albeit almost exclusively spent on players he's already coached, which to me suggests they were not the best option, but the easiest). The way we approach big games away is the biggest concern. "We're Man United, we'll do what we want" couldn't be farther from reality. We'll show up and dick around and let you dictate play against us and hope we can break on you.

I was interpreting your post; happy to be corrected if you are not arguing that new owners could fix everything fairly quickly.

Funny you should mentioned the treble, as the dysfunction in the club really began in earnest in 1999 when the MMC blocked the Murdock-backed takeover, which wreaked havoc behind the scenes and created major rivalries across the club management. It lead to a power struggle with McManus and Magnier (and a few other stakeholders) which Ferguson capitalised on, gradually gaining more and more power beyond merely managing the playing and coaching staff. The Rock of Gibraltar affair was merely the final straw by then, and the resulting fallout allowed the dysfunction to grow, especially as Ferguson ultimately won out in that battle, as well.

As I have argued for many years now, I maintain that most of the state of that club is in now can be traced back to Ferguson’s hubris, selfishness, and ineptitude in business, especially after the treble.

It all didn’t just start when the Glazers took over.
I don’t disagree with any of that, where we diverge is that I believe it was eminently fixable over a twenty year period.

goldbridge said it in his little rant after garnacho thought hed scored the winner yesterday, he said ten haag had planned that, if thats the case he should be ashamed, nearly 400m spent and the the great tent pegs plan is defend and hit on the break, they could have got sean dyche for 4.50 and a pork pie if they wanted to do that

Worse thing for Ten Hagg was doing well in his first season and that will end up being his downfall ............. instead of there fanbase just taking a step back and just realise they over achieved they will have it there heads that they are now contenders when in reality they are fooking poor............ they may show up for the odd game but that about it ..........I mean four games in dominated by Wolves beat by Spurs fortunate against Forest and another loss yesterday simply proves that they are years behind

I still see little difference in the way they play to when they were under Solskjaer…

Said this for ages. All that money and still hoof to Geldof for the counter attack, digs out Sancho but plays Antony and Martial.

I see the rag fans are excited by this bootleg Haaland they bought after today

I must've missed something, all I saw him do was get into 2 tussles with Gabriel and come off second best, then fall on his arse while attempting a shot.
He's a handful, puts himself about, you know you've been in a game with him, good Plan B option.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.