"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

She should have just paid herself a wage for administrating the pop up charity, there are a fair few charities out there rinsing the public.
She did.
£80K a year pro rata.
And then charged thousands for turning up to events as a representative of the charity.

What money did tom want to go his family? Only he knows
The prologue to his autobiography says it is a…

“chance to raise even more money for the charitable foundation now established in my name.”

How much clearer could he make his intentions?

Couldn’t be clearer, he wanted the proceeds to go to the charity, not his thieving daughter’s bank account.

p.s. I agree with @kaz7 by the way. Why the hate? Life is too short for hatred of someone you’re probably never, ever going to meet. Annoyance, even anger, but why hate and death threats? I’m not talking about BlueMooners here just society in general. JMHO
People do it all the time. There’s a certain West Ham footballer who kicked his cat, leaving it up injured, that certain people on here made a hate figure and demanded he be sent to prison.

Different crimes hit closer to the bone for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Deserve punishment
But not sure I agree with the level of hate and death threats she and her family are getting.

Let authorities deal with this now.
She may have a point when she says no laws were broken but his whole image was cultivated on the basis of raising money for charity. Noone would buy the book if it wasn't for that.

I don't know what good they thought the interview with Morgan would do. It must be part of a wider strategy to do with the Charity commission investigations.

I doubt the old fella had any idea where the money was going it's clear she sought to profit from him from day one. Despicable.

"You and I are very much alike, Captain Tom"

"Really, your Majesty?"

"Yes. I have a ghastly family too"20231012_160604.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.