"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

What I find disgusting about the whole thing is that we even need charities at all when you've got the richest 1% of the world population with over 50% of the wealth and the poorest 50% of the population just 0.75 of the wealth.

I'm mot calling for out and out Communism here, but come on Jeff Bezos; do you REALLY need $163Billion?

A charity is a company that structures itself so surplus (“profit”) is reinvested rather than given to shareholders.

What’s wrong with that?

A music venue can be a charity. An art gallery can be a charity. A kids activity centre can be a charity.

Like I said. This thread is boiling my brain.

A charity is a company that structures itself so surplus (“profit”) is reinvested rather than given to shareholders.

What’s wrong with that?

A music venue can be a charity. An art gallery can be a charity. A kids activity centre can be a charity.

I've no issue with charities, just that we need them at all.

Now if you want to get into charity grifting, look no further than US mega-churches...

I've no issue with charities, just that we need them at all.

Now if you want to get into charity grifting, look no further than US mega-churches...

A lot of charities choose to structure themselves that way, not out of “need”.

If you’re talking about donating to starving kids etc I agree but those are just one kind of charity.

I agree on the American mega churches.

Gift aided direct debits go to Cats Protection and Cancer Research UK every month. Charities like them as it’s expected income that’s easy to receive.

I can’t control where my taxes go but I can my wages.

What’s wrong with that?

What shouldn’t be allowed to be charities are churches and private schools.

So the thieving cow has now admitted to Piers Morgan that despite Tom’s 3 books’ prologues saying they were for charity that she pocketed the entire proceeds from them of £800,000, because it’s what he would have wanted!
I hope the gaols aren’t too full to see this scammer and thief do time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.