"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

The prologue to his autobiography says it is a…

“chance to raise even more money for the charitable foundation now established in my name.”

How much clearer could he make his intentions?

Couldn’t be clearer, he wanted the proceeds to go to the charity, not his thieving daughter’s bank account.

I no lawyer but there is no way that one line alone would be enough evidence to confirm that he wanted all the proceeds from the book to go to charity.

I no lawyer but there is no way that one line alone would be enough evidence to confirm that he wanted all the proceeds from the book to go to charity.
He said it was in writing in a book.
He clearly didn’t bequeath it to her because she didn’t say he did.
Just it’s what he WOULD have wanted.
Fucking mind reader now.

To be honest, I think charity law needs a complete and total rewrite for 2023, not 1723.

Do you know certain favoured 'charities' (Eton is one) are not even answerable to the Charity Commissioners? How can that possibly be defended?

In my view, tax relief should only be available for tangible services to people and animals. Not, for example, for lobbying governments or spreading propaganda, which is more or less all certain 'charities' do. The so-called Taxpayers Alliance, for example. (It should be called the Tax Dodgers Alliance.)

To be honest, I think charity law needs a complete and total rewrite for 2023, not 1723.

Do you know certain favoured 'charities' (Eton is one) are not even answerable to the Charity Commissioners? How can that possibly be defended?

In my view, tax relief should only be available for tangible services to people and animals. Not, for example, for lobbying governments or spreading propaganda, which is more or less all certain 'charities' do. The so-called Taxpayers Alliance, for example. (It should be called the Tax Dodgers Alliance.)
A guy i know has a book that outlines how to get tax relief and grants if you're a charity. It cost 7k

It's a very good example of how Labour could raise more tax revenue without inconveniencing workers, or ordinary people, in any way. Of course, the vested interests would be up in arms. But the vested interests are parasitic scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.