The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

They’ve been in force where I park since the start of the season. Lovingly painted double yellow lines springing up everywhere.

I’ve decided to trade in my diesel spewing sports car and from now on me and my family will cycle to the game on e-bikes, enjoying the pleasant autumn weather and waving at local youths who seem particularly enthused by our bikes.

At Manchester arena a lot of events finish around 1030-45pm so there may still be big tram queues with two evening events when the arena spills out, and any parking that can be booked in advance and coaches competing for the same spaces.

For evening events after a Sat 3pm there will be people trying to arrive on busy platforms where people are queuing to leave to a degree, which will become just daft if there is a 5.30pm.

To be honest I hope it is a disaster so artists fuck it off as an albino mastodon. In reality they will just expand the ground to make it worse and not give a shit about people attending. Never mind they will trial a few new shuttle buses and provide electric bike stands, such measures may help 0.01%. The couple of extra shuttle buses getting stuck in traffic so abandoned quickly and ticking a box.
There’s no way there won’t be lots of clashes, when someone announces a tour it can be years in advance so dates will be set in stone, football as we all know chops and changes for tv, champions league will be the biggest clash during the week, but Saturdays and Sundays will be a complete disaster in years to come, the premier league, fa and uefa won’t give a crap what else is happening around the stadium.

As far as I'm aware they kick in sometime during November.

Be carnage for 2/3 games.
1st Nov. Should see the signs etc on Sat. Brighton was announced as the last unaffected game back in August, and we then got YBB Away the game after, so it remains so.

I live in Bournemouth now, but my stepdaughter and family live a ten minute walk from the football ground. The ground only holds about 12k supporters and the adjacent car park is totally inadequate, so I do sympathise to an extent about restricting parking, because it is a nightmare for them to go anywhere when Bournemouth are playing at home. But scale that up five times! There should be some mitigation for City by improving public transport links and car parking, and Bournemouth‘s new owner is promising this will be addressed in future capacity projects for the Bournemouth stadium. But my concern is when the Co-Op arena opens, the whole of the Eastlands area will be a nightmare for fans of football and concerts. Good luck! My rare visits to the Etihad these days usually entail huge expense and a hotel, so I can tolerate the nuisance, but it must be hell for regulars.

Theres going to be alot of private car parks popping up at businesses dotted around the Etihad when that arena is going imo.

If you’ve got even 20 spaces and there are events 5 nights a week and a dogshit public transport system forcing people into cars, money to be made so more effort will be put in to get them going.

£10 cost barrier definitely going to be breached.

Theres going to be alot of private car parks popping up at businesses dotted around the Etihad when that arena is going imo.

If you’ve got even 20 spaces and there are events 5 nights a week and a dogshit public transport system forcing people into cars, money to be made so more effort will be put in to get them going.

£10 cost barrier definitely going to be breached.

Private parking companies are offering spaces (house driveways etc.) around the Etihad for between £14 and £50 this Saturday 21st between 1pm - 6pm. Sign of things to come.

Why dont some local house holders start to rent there drives, like they do around Wembley.

Fans should start to knock on a few doors, they can only say no.

Why dont some local house holders start to rent there drives, like they do around Wembley.

Fans should start to knock on a few doors, they can only say no.

They've being doing it for years via the parking sites. Demand has gone up and then you get the silly prices as per the post above yours.

Loads also have permanent arrangements for on-drive parking and loads have permits for off-drive parking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.