Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Don’t know much about this guy except he’s a complete tit , why was he even there ?

He's one of those YouTube "Personalities." The fact he was at such an event is everything that's wrong with modern football. They invited him purely because he's got lots of kids who think he's funny so they hope by doing so they'll create more fans and revenue. It's all about the money.

Can someone tell what success Messi has had in the retirement league of France and America ?
This award is for a calendar year I can't think of anything Messi has done in 2023. Nothing. Or is it from September 22 to September 23 ?

It would seem Messi won this on a few matches in December. A competition Haaland is unlikely to ever play in. Yet I read that Alvarez was the star for Argentina.

My only surprise was that Ronaldo didnt finish second.

He's one of those YouTube "Personalities." The fact he was at such an event is everything that's wrong with modern football. They invited him purely because he's got lots of kids who think he's funny so they hope by doing so they'll create more fans and revenue. It's all about the money.

Comes across as a dick

Did you watch Argentina's full games during the World cup? Serious question, because I can't understand anyone that did, laughing at the idea of Messi having a legendary WC. I can understand arguing in favour of other players having the best individual performance ever (like Maradona or Pele), but to act as if Messi doesn't deserve to be in the conversation is just baffling.

Messi's 22 WC By the numbers:

-7 goals (second most)
-3 assists (most)
-10 G+A (most ever for a WC winner)
-6 MOTM (most ever)
-Scored on every single game except one.

Even if you didn't watch the WC, you have to look at those numbers and realize it was a very special performance.

And for that, he was given the appropriate award, the World Cup Player of the Tournament. Doesn't mean he should get the Ballon D'or too, and be rewared twice for one good tournament.

Anyway, it was always inevitable, and I said it as far back as this thread goes. It is not right, but it is what it is, a goodbye award to a player that has retired from football with the one trophy he was missing.

Last edited:
i didnt realise the Ballon D'Or would get so many people's backs up.....i thought it was just a backslapping event

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.