PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

During the King's Speech on Monday, Rishi Sunak announced the creation of a new independent regulator for football.

There's NO WAY the Everton ruling & that policy announcement aren't linked, just like the charges against City being announced hours before the Government announced it was setting up an independent football regulator.

Everton had clear financial losses. According to my limited understanding, City are accused of funneling money from HRH into related party companies, who disguised these funds as City sponsorship, so our historic losses would keep us within UEFA FFP rules.

We've already faced judgement on these charges & won on appeal, apart from City not being helpful enough in assisting UEFA to sink us!

Again it's my understanding the Premier League are charging us with many of the issues we beat last time, so evidently double jeopardy doesn't exist in football, or WILL IT with a new independent regulator due between now & the next General Election?

The plot thickens!

If they’re that transparent then they’re more amateurish than I initially thought. And that would take some doing!

I would say that they have caused reputational damage. It's not impacted us financially perhaps, but in a sporting context the success we have had has been caveated by the charges. Instead of just celebrating our success it was "City, who face 115 charges" repeated in every article or on every radio station.

We could just get on with it and not care what rival fans or the media think, but I personally do.
It's caused reputational damage amongst our bitter rivals, but they don't sponsor City.

Istreee fans & the legacy media still hanker for the days when there was a predictable Sky Four. City, Spuds & now Newcastle have pulled that CL hegemony apart permanently.

Football is about the future, & young fans coming up only want to hear about the here & now, & not hark back to a time when football was watched & black & white telly's.

Everyone loves a winner, & few are interested in losers. Currently we come into that winner category. Eyeballs on TV sets is what matters to the money men, & few draw more eyeballs than City.

In this sense fans vote with their wallets & purses, & their eyeballs. Few are even bothered or continue to listen to the endless whining that City are oil cheats. That oil tanker set sail with the arrival of Pep Guardiola.

Last edited:
Cue the onslaught of clubs behind the scenes picking up the phone to the PL today asking about us.

That’s made me a bit nervous, though. Although when was Everton’s investigation announced? That deduction seems to have come quicker than ours…
Everton's was a far less complex case than ours so easier and quicker to resolve.

For me, there are no similarities between the 2 cases so I'm no more worried than I was yesterday.

If you truly think that City haven't lost out on millions in sponsorship and merchandise because of 10 years of shit throwing you have lost the plot.

With the team, goals scored and style of play that we have been playing under Pep all kids who 'glory hunt' should be running around in City kits. Here in Norfolk it is still Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal shirts with just a few City kids here and there - and almost no City merch in Sports Direct etc.

Without all the shady news stories etc we truly would have captured the next generation of fans all over England, and the club would be in an even better position.
No evidence.
Contrast Silverlake due diligence.

If you truly think that City haven't lost out on millions in sponsorship and merchandise because of 10 years of shit throwing you have lost the plot.

With the team, goals scored and style of play that we have been playing under Pep all kids who 'glory hunt' should be running around in City kits. Here in Norfolk it is still Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal shirts with just a few City kids here and there - and almost no City merch in Sports Direct etc.

Without all the shady news stories etc we truly would have captured the next generation of fans all over England, and the club would be in an even better position.
All the evidence points overwhelmingly to you talking nonsense. We have increased commercial revenue at a rate never seen before, we have signed several deals with the biggest brands in the world after every trophy win and every allegation.

As for your point about Norfolk. In all seriousness, what is that supposed to prove

Cant help but feel like Everton have just got this out of the way early and not fought against it so they can get on with getting the points back.

Its not in their interest to keep it going all season and get 10pts deducted with 5 games to go and putting them in a relegation battle.

Everton's was a far less complex case than ours so easier and quicker to resolve.

For me, there are no similarities between the 2 cases so I'm no more worried than I was yesterday.
And Everton admitted to breaking FFP. I think Everton believed that because their breach was only £20 million then they would get away with a slap on the wrist.

Cant help but feel like Everton have just got this out of the way early and not fought against it so they can get on with getting the points back.

Its not in their interest to keep it going all season and get 10pts deducted with 5 games to go and putting them in a relegation battle.

Not fought back? Have you seen their statement? They’re fuming and appealing asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.