Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Fortunately it won’t, will still win the title in the end after an inevitable 20+ game run after Xmas.

Looks like Hooper has assumed Grealish is off and thinks he’s done the right thing by bringing it back. He’ll end up dropped for the midweeks I’m sure.

Once again though, it’s just beating the same old drum, the standard of refs in the PL right now is unacceptably poor. They have so much money floating around the game and *this* is all they have to choose from.
This isn't poor refereeing. It is blatant, bare-faced cheating. He has literally broken the rules here. There is a law of football, which all referees know, that says he should have allowed an advantage to be played. He knows this, because he actually allowed advantage to be played, and indicated it with his arms, before blowing for the foul. There is literally no scenario in football where this can happen.

What is allowed is referees delaying their decision for a few seconds to see if an advantage ensues. If it does, the referee is obliged to indicate with his arms that he is applying an advantage, and shout words to this effect. Once he has indicated advantage, that is the decision for that incident. He cannot change that decision without a valid reason or intervention.

If I was City and Pep, I would ask the referee and PGMOL for an explanation of this decision. It's not a VAR decision though, so I doubt it will feature in the Micky Owen Revue Night.

The assistant wouldn’t be putting his flag up for several seconds anyway as in the first half when Spurs were miles off and the flag didn’t go up.

Hooper should’ve given himself a second to think and/or ask his assistant, the second he blew the whilst he probably kicked himself and I’m sure he will get dropped for it.

If they were paid enough money you’d have plenty of people wanting to go into refereeing. The top refs are earning £80-100k a year, which obviously isn’t bad, but of the 22 players out there today, how many are earning under £100k/week, let alone a year…..

Pay the refs £500k a year, have the clubs chip in some change from the back of the sofa and kids and young refs might actually consider sticking with it when they’re being abused every weekend.
In what world isn't £80k to £100k a year a good salary?

He was fine until that. Kept waiving spurs divers up. No issue at all. Then he went and fucked up. They really do need to be brought into interviews and explain things. Their crap decisions and ways of coasting though game will soon end.

Bald ****.

It genuinely looked to me as if Hopper decided to let play develop and then inexplicably halted play for the foul one Jack was away.

The only reason I can think of is the someone at Stockley Park told him to.

You think someone at Stockley Park, who’s audio is available to more than just them and the ref, intervened within a second to tell him to blow his whistle and not play advantage…?

I mean even the laws of physics wouldn’t allow that, there’s not a 0 millisecond delay!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.