2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

I don't buy into any suggestion he's slowing down, every mistake or poor play I'm seeing from him, it appears to be due to a lack of effort and concentration. TAA level of attempt to stop the cross for their third.

Take the armband off him and tell him to just concentrate on doing what he's in the side to do. He's always been one that gets worse the more he tries to do, im convinced giving him the armband is adding to that.
Think this might have a lot of truth to it.

I don't buy into any suggestion he's slowing down, every mistake or poor play I'm seeing from him, it appears to be due to a lack of effort and concentration. TAA level of attempt to stop the cross for their third.

Take the armband off him and tell him to just concentrate on doing what he's in the side to do. He's always been one that gets worse the more he tries to do, im convinced giving him the armband is adding to that.
Pretty sure he can't just have the armband taken off him if he was voted as Captain by the players and staff and is the most senior of the captains group on the pitch.

I think the club panicked a bit in the summer as they'd already lost Gundo and Mahrez and were desperate not to lose another senior player. Giving him a longer term deal than they wanted to (and originally offered) was the price paid to keep him. He may also have been given some kind of playing time commitments as part of the inducement to stay.

I was certainly happy he stayed when we'd lost other important senior players, but I didn't expect him to start every match. He doesn't *have* to start every match just because he's captain (Gundo didn't) so I'm not quite sure why that's happening when it didn't last season. He needs to know he can be benched IMO.

Pretty sure he can't just have the armband taken off him if he was voted as Captain by the players and staff and is the most senior of the captains group on the pitch.

I think the club panicked a bit in the summer as they'd already lost Gundo and Mahrez and were desperate not to lose another senior player. Giving him a longer term deal than they wanted to (and originally offered) was the price paid to keep him. He may also have been given some kind of playing time commitments as part of the inducement to stay.

I was certainly happy he stayed when we'd lost other important senior players, but I didn't expect him to start every match. He doesn't *have* to start every match just because he's captain (Gundo didn't) so I'm not quite sure why that's happening when it didn't last season. He needs to know he can be benched IMO.

Is he even our captain? Google search tells me KDB is the chosen captain. People keep on saying it's Walker, but when was this ever announced? As far as I know, the Club only ever revealed the top 5 captains. We will find out when KDB returns to the starting 11.

For example, according to this website: http://www.cavpo.com/2020/05/ENG.Manchester.City.FC.html

Belgium Kevin De Bruyne (Captain)
England Kyle Walker (Vice-captain)
Portugal Rúben Dias (3rd captain)
Spain Rodri (4th captain)

A right back job is to stop the crosses he stood there and watched it be crossed Ake has the harder job to defend that quality ball in the box against someone who is running on to the ball!
A Rb job is to defend not stop crosses
defending could be stand him up allow him to cross
He could’ve tried to stop a cross and got greased by the pace of BJ or give a penalty away due to quick feet
He kept him outside the box and on his weaker foot not total defending but not a shambles either
Ake didnt anticipate the cross or the run of his man
Both could’ve done better of course they could
There aren’t many better than Walker

Just annoys me when we win we have great players a few bad draws against very good teams and suddenly everyone is shit and the manager and players need sacking
We have some of the very best in the world at all levels of the club

A Rb job is to defend not stop crosses
defending could be stand him up allow him to cross
He could’ve tried to stop a cross and got greased by the pace of BJ or give a penalty away due to quick feet
He kept him outside the box and on his weaker foot not total defending but not a shambles either
Ake didnt anticipate the cross or the run of his man
Both could’ve done better of course they could
There aren’t many better than Walker

Just annoys me when we win we have great players a few bad draws against very good teams and suddenly everyone is shit and the manager and players need sacking
We have some of the very best in the world at all levels of the club
We’re all pissed off with the result still but, you surely cannot believe your first line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.