2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

We’re all pissed off with the result still but, you surely cannot believe your first line
Of course do you play football ?
I clarified my first line I think
Yes you would want to stop a cross if possible but you can’t stop everyone other players have talent
Yes of course ultimately I would want to stop the cross tackle the attacker take the ball of him and set up an attack of my own leading to a goal
However sometimes you have to do the next best thing or the next best thing after that
I’m a centre half can I beat Crouch in the air - no
Therefore I will try and push and pull him off balance and win the second ball or take him in areas he doesn’t want to go

Walker was up against BJ who is equally rapid and has quick feet he didn’t dive in or give away a penalty or allow him the cardinal sin of going beyond him on his stronger foot
He stood him up and showed him his weak side
Remember BJ is also a very good player
Could he have done better - of course
Could he expect more from other players probably
Was he a shambles
In my opinion —No

A Rb job is to defend not stop crosses
defending could be stand him up allow him to cross
He could’ve tried to stop a cross and got greased by the pace of BJ or give a penalty away due to quick feet
He kept him outside the box and on his weaker foot not total defending but not a shambles either
Ake didnt anticipate the cross or the run of his man
Both could’ve done better of course they could
There aren’t many better than Walker

Just annoys me when we win we have great players a few bad draws against very good teams and suddenly everyone is shit and the manager and players need sacking
We have some of the very best in the world at all levels of the club
Crazy how everyone seem to have elected Walker as the new FFS.

A Rb job is to defend not stop crosses
defending could be stand him up allow him to cross
He could’ve tried to stop a cross and got greased by the pace of BJ or give a penalty away due to quick feet
He kept him outside the box and on his weaker foot not total defending but not a shambles either
Ake didnt anticipate the cross or the run of his man
Both could’ve done better of course they could
There aren’t many better than Walker

Just annoys me when we win we have great players a few bad draws against very good teams and suddenly everyone is shit and the manager and players need sacking
We have some of the very best in the world at all levels of the club

If you believe a right back job is to let teams players cross the ball into the box uncontested football not for you

Crazy how everyone seem to have elected Walker as the new FFS.
I think he has played well this season. I just don't get the having a go at him on here. So knee jerk. He goes from being the best right back in the world to being shite on here .

Of course do you play football ?
I clarified my first line I think
Yes you would want to stop a cross if possible but you can’t stop everyone other players have talent
Yes of course ultimately I would want to stop the cross tackle the attacker take the ball of him and set up an attack of my own leading to a goal
However sometimes you have to do the next best thing or the next best thing after that
I’m a centre half can I beat Crouch in the air - no
Therefore I will try and push and pull him off balance and win the second ball or take him in areas he doesn’t want to go

Walker was up against BJ who is equally rapid and has quick feet he didn’t dive in or give away a penalty or allow him the cardinal sin of going beyond him on his stronger foot
He stood him up and showed him his weak side
Remember BJ is also a very good player
Could he have done better - of course
Could he expect more from other players probably
Was he a shambles
In my opinion —No
Difficult to play in a wheelchair, but that doesn’t prevent me understanding. But as you claim to know the game do well who is to argue with you? The biggest issue for me with that third goal, is that Walker didn’t even attempt to prevent the cross. Now, you think that is acceptable, many an ex pro at that level would disagree.

If you believe a right back job is to let teams players cross the ball into the box uncontested football not for you
I played semi-pro and didn’t make pro so perhaps you’re right
Plus I don’t believe that I believe you do all you can as a team
Why did Spurs double up on Doku because he was a threat and very dangerous
I wouldn’t want the ball in my half never mind my box never mind my goal
However I would rather give away a cross than a penalty or give away a cross from out wide than let the player ghost past me into the box
Football is more complex than you are trying to make out
Perhaps it’s not for you

I played semi-pro and didn’t make pro so perhaps you’re right
Plus I don’t believe that I believe you do all you can as a team
Why did Spurs double up on Doku because he was a threat and very dangerous
I wouldn’t want the ball in my half never mind my box never mind my goal
However I would rather give away a cross than a penalty or give away a cross from out wide than let the player ghost past me into the box
Football is more complex than you are trying to make out
Perhaps it’s not for you

Walker been great first 7/8 games maybe he needs a rest but if you watch that 3rd goal by spurs Walker could easily put a bit of effort in to stop that cross he stood there and watched it and he is the captain

Difficult to play in a wheelchair, but that doesn’t prevent me understanding. But as you claim to know the game do well who is to argue with you? The biggest issue for me with that third goal, is that Walker didn’t even attempt to prevent the cross. Now, you think that is acceptable, many an ex pro at that level would disagree.
Sarcasm and insults eh well my friend we have different views but are both blues so let’s leave it at that
Perhaps try supporting the team instead of criticising our players
Walker is one of the best full backs in the world
Far better than you or I put together
Don’t bother replying I cba
Hopefully we beat Villa

Pretty sure he can't just have the armband taken off him if he was voted as Captain by the players and staff and is the most senior of the captains group on the pitch.

I think the club panicked a bit in the summer as they'd already lost Gundo and Mahrez and were desperate not to lose another senior player. Giving him a longer term deal than they wanted to (and originally offered) was the price paid to keep him. He may also have been given some kind of playing time commitments as part of the inducement to stay.

I was certainly happy he stayed when we'd lost other important senior players, but I didn't expect him to start every match. He doesn't *have* to start every match just because he's captain (Gundo didn't) so I'm not quite sure why that's happening when it didn't last season. He needs to know he can be benched IMO.
Who is better than him at right back? Because I can't think of a better right back in our squad. Kyle Walker hasn't been the problem with our defending this season.

Walker been great first 7/8 games maybe he needs a rest but if you watch that 3rd goal by spurs Walker could easily put a bit of effort in to stop that cross he stood there and watched it and he is the captain
Maybe he does and hopefully Pep gives him one
He will know because players are assessed and medically tested to prevent injury etc
Maybe a rest to regain his hunger - who knows
All I can say I wouldn’t swap him for any other RB in the league at present

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.