Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Individually and collectively we've dropped a good 10% from last season and that's the difference between treble winners and just another top 6/4 side, which Is absolutely where we are at this moment in time.

More worrying is everytime a team attacks us we are at panic stations and look like conceeding everytime. Often we do. Pep has to start picking the back four that was superb last season. Walker and Gvardiol need dropping, both are liabilities at the moment.

Midfield is too lightweight and poor. Kev coming back should improve it but given his injury and age it's no guarantee. Upfront we are again lightweight and toothless without Haaland. Alvarez has regressed.

We lack pace and strong physical power all over the pitch. Mentally we are feeling sorry for ourselves and lack belief and confidence. We lack leaders which Is something I thought I'd never say.

Unless this malaise is addressed soon we will win nothing this season and face a fight to make the top four.

Today was totally unacceptable to drop points to an injury hit Palace side in a game we totally controlled for 99% of it.

This game is probably the most frustrating so far! CP offered nothing and they didn’t really even cause us problems defensively, they got a point purely from our lack of game management, they weren’t even pushing, absolutely shocking it’s joke, I think they would even be wondering how they got a point, wasn’t even a contest such a joke fucking makes me mad

2-0 up and in total command and we just throw it away. Not great game management this season and today was just another example of that. I don't get why we try and invite teams onto us by passing it around in deep positions when we don't seem to have any intention of moving it forward. It just means they have a lot of players in more advanced positions when we lose the ball.

Defence needs some serious sorting too. Might be time to go back to the 4 CBs we used last season - Akanji, Stones, Dias and Ake.

A very frustrating last 20 mins that should never have happened.

Such a confusing one that. What the fuck have I just seen Phil Foden do. We seem out of ideas going forward and the most vulnerable I’ve seen us under Pep at the back since his first year. Changes need to be made to salvage this season for a late title run. Dias poor again but the reintroduction of Ake was something much needed as I thought he was good. Alvarez didn’t offer much going forward but Grealish was one of the big positives of today. We need an 8 and a real left back in January while Gvardiol adapts to his role there.

Atmosphere again was shockingly bad (I was at the front of 117) and it genuinely loses me because last season every game from February onwards was rocking.

We’ve seen the greatest year of City but we seem to have gone off the rails as of recent but we will still win something come May. Up the blues.

Yeah we will beat the cream of Europe but cant beat Palace, not sure where your logic comes for for that one

Logic comes from the last 7 years mate. We score for fun in the CL as everyone tries to play football. Palace and alike sit with a low block and score with their only shots.. this also happens every season.. and most of those seasons we won the league. That is where is where the logic comes from my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.