Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Just watched the highlights on motd this morning. The two goals we conceded are criminal. Piss weak defending by Dias and Ake for the first, both manhandled and bullied like school kids. For the second it's just utter nonsense. Foden dribbling into a pile of bodies and losing the ball, then Bernardo doing a Cruyff turn on the touchline and losing it leading to the penalty. We are fucking about taking unnecessary risks with seconds to go and going half heartedly into challenges as if it's a nothing training game. We are coasting on the back of winning the treble and have forgotten the fight, sweat and mental toughness that won it for us. Lazy and slipshod all over the pitch. We need to fucking wake up and quickly.

Agreed, it’s baffling how generally inferior teams seem to put away the few chances they get against us, whereas our technically ‘better’ players need about 20 shots for one or two goals.

Then sometimes it still looks like nobody wants to have a shot, preferring to pass unless it’s almost an open goal. We could do with a greedy fucker in midfield who thinks he can shoot from anywhere - then even if it bounces off a defender or is saved, there’s a good chance it’ll fall to someone like Foden or Alvarez for a tap in.

Just fucking hit the damn thing as hard and low as possible towards the goal even if there’s five defenders in the way! Could be a deflected goal, or hit someone’s hand, bounce to another of ours or at least a corner. But stop fucking passing it around as if waiting for the opponents defence to get organised. Fucking hit it at the damn goal whenever within about twenty yards of it!
Exactly, we seem scared to shoot and as you say, only content by walking the bloody thing in. I think a lot has to do with Peps mantra of ' if they cant get the ball they wont score, so keep the ball at all cost ' which in theory makes sense but sometimes it's got to be worth worth letting go. We seem so content at just passing it around a 10 man defence without any real penetration it's almost boring to watch, couple this with Palaces and others completely negative but understandable approach, " put the kettle on luv, it's going to be one of those days."

We are far too predictable, on paper must be the easiest team to set up against and beat, 10 man defence then hoof the ball over the midfield, same old same old...2 shots on target, 2 goals. If we could convert half of our shots it would be a cricket score every game but it's going to cost us severely. We've lost that aggressive flair and I dont think we'll get it back in time.
Agree with this tbh. We've shown our hand in the league. Opposition just needs to stay in the game and there's a good chance they'll get something. Klaxons should have been sounding yesterday with the team and Pep after our previous surrenders of a lead. We just continued to saunter.

in my mind the use of subs is an important part of the modern game but this is not utilised by pep for some reason. he rarely makes tactical substitutions and when he does it is often late into the game. each team can make five substitutions and to keep squads fresh it is good to make this part of a game plan. i thought some players looked a but leggy after 60 or so mins yesterday.

in my mind the use of subs is an important part of the modern game but this is not utilised by pep for some reason. he rarely makes tactical substitutions and when he does it is often late into the game. each team can make five substitutions and to keep squads fresh it is good to make this part of a game plan. i thought some players looked a but leggy after 60 or so mins yesterday.
Almost everytime he made a sub on Wednesday the opposition scored straight away.

How can anyone boo off our team? Please can someone explain that to me?
Treble winners, 3 PL titles in 5 years. More trophies in the past few years than we saw in 30 odd years. Did they cheat today, did they deliberately injure an opposition player? Did they do something I didn’t hear about?
Thank you
Puzzled and Bewildered from the Principality of Eccles.
Maybe it was aimed at Pep for not using any subs, he’s always quick to show his displeasure with the atmosphere by the fans, so it can work both ways.
The sooner VK gets the push at Burnley and we bring him in as Pep’s 2 the better.

Woke up to find myself still seething over that result.
Pep as stubborn as ever when it comes to subs and fresh legs.
Dias and Walker just don't seem anywhere near their expected levels.
No creativity in the middle, just obsessive sideways and backwards passes to keep possession.
I know Pep doesn't like tackling but I think the players also seem worried about cards this season after the way officials have targeted Rodri.
We need a leader out their as I don't see Walkers lips mouth to say he's captain, just waving of arms at someone up top as he inevitably plays the ball backwards.
Fernandinho was sat there yesterday and I thought what I'd give for you coming on in those last 15 mins.
But in this shit run we're on, yesterday's result really as me worried about silverware this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.