Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Match of the day pundits talking out of their arse. Praising Palace for staying in the game. Nonsense, that result was all down to us, 2 nil down against us at the Etihad is not 'staying in the game". One nil down and teams were usually done for, at two nil down they may aswell start the bus.
Our shoddy defence threw that away once again, had sod all to do with Palace (who only picked up one point out of the last fifteen!!) staying in the game, they were terrible.

I can’t be arsed watching it but coming from 2-0 down to bag a point at the champions is deserving of praise no matter how it was done.

Takes a lot of bollocks to score a late min penalty like that.

Fair fucks to Palace and the fossilised owl in their dug out.

I can’t be arsed watching it but coming from 2-0 down to bag a point at the champions is deserving of praise no matter how it was done.

Takes a lot of bollocks to score a late min penalty like that.

Fair fucks to Palace and the fossilised owl in their dug out.
Thank you for making me laugh this morning with your last line.

I suggested at some point during the game that Palace would only score if we gifted them one or Tierney was going to demonstrate his usual incapacity to follow the written LotG. we ended up with both! I did tell the lass on the drinks kiosk on CBL3 we would lose as they had no Bovril. Worst omen among real bad omens!

Not a good 60 seconds for Foden that. We have lost the ability to see games out and that minute of play just sums up why. Brain dead from him giving the ball away like that in the middle of the park but then to recklessly give the pen away was really poor. Only ourselves to blame sadly.

We are far too predictable, on paper must be the easiest team to set up against and beat, 10 man defence then hoof the ball over the midfield, same old same old...2 shots on target, 2 goals. If we could convert half of our shots it would be a cricket score every game but it's going to cost us severely. We've lost that aggressive flair and I dont think we'll get it back in time.

Agreed, it’s baffling how generally inferior teams seem to put away the few chances they get against us, whereas our technically ‘better’ players need about 20 shots for one or two goals.

Then sometimes it still looks like nobody wants to have a shot, preferring to pass unless it’s almost an open goal. We could do with a greedy fucker in midfield who thinks he can shoot from anywhere - then even if it bounces off a defender or is saved, there’s a good chance it’ll fall to someone like Foden or Alvarez for a tap in.

Just fucking hit the damn thing as hard and low as possible towards the goal even if there’s five defenders in the way! Could be a deflected goal, or hit someone’s hand, bounce to another of ours or at least a corner. But stop fucking passing it around as if waiting for the opponents defence to get organised. Fucking hit it at the damn goal whenever within about twenty yards of it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.