How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

The people who told 17 million people that was going to be the proverbial bed of roses.

Fair enough but what do we have now?

A leader of the opposition that says we are not going back! No one says we are going back which is telling in itself?

I voted leave, wrongly in hindsight, but this constant fucking bleating is tiresome as if we would be any better off had we stayed in.

Reality is Covid and Ukraine has done for the world and Europe right now regardless, just ask Fritz in Germany or Gerd in Holland and look at politics throughout the EU to realise no fucker is happy and that membership of the EU does not shield you from the shit.

Last edited:
There wasn’t plenty that we had, that we now don’t, that was good.

Granted but a discernible difference in our daily lives?

No, not for me.

We have reached peak illusion of just how good the EU was and how much better how lives would be and frankly it’s wrong and silly.

I wish we had voted to stay in, I wish I had voted that way but I’ve honestly felt little difference in my life and the gulf of change has been down to Covid and the Ukraine.

I take that as a sign we should have stayed in btw, money paid in, saved, wasn’t suddenly going to change all our lives either!

Fair enough but what do we have now?

A leader of the opposition that says we are not going back! No one says we are going back which is telling in itself?

I voted leave, wrongly in hindsight, but this constant fucking bleating is tiresome as if we would be any better off had we stayed in.

Reality is Covid and Ukraine has done for the world and Europe right now regardless, just ask Fritz in Germany or Gerd in Holland and look at politics throughout the EU to realise no fucker is happy and that membership of the EU does not shield you from the shit.
Because no-one says we are going back at this time doe not
mean that it will not happen in the future. The consistent failures of brexit would point to serious discussion on the subject becoming reality.
It‘s not in anyone’s manifesto yet.(except probably the lib-dems).
‘Constant fucking bleating’ and ‘you lost, get over it’ look quite interchangeable.
I have friends and relations in various EU nations, and their general view and that of their friends and colleagues is the same - that brexit is a lesson to everyone and not a sensible option even in hard times.

Because no-one says we are going back at this time doe not
mean that it will not happen in the future. The consistent failures of brexit would point to serious discussion on the subject becoming reality.
It‘s not in anyone’s manifesto yet.(except probably the lib-dems).
‘Constant fucking bleating’ and ‘you lost, get over it’ look quite interchangeable.
I have friends and relations in various EU nations, and their general view and that of their friends and colleagues is the same - that brexit is a lesson to everyone and not a sensible option even in hard times.

We ain’t going back.

More countries will exit the EU, mark my words and I say that as someone who regrets voting to leave.

Friends in the EU are in for a shock.

Granted but a discernible difference in our daily lives?

No, not for me.

We have reached peak illusion of just how good the EU was and how much better how lives would be and frankly it’s wrong and silly.

I wish we had voted to stay in, I wish I had voted that way but I’ve honestly felt little difference in my life and the gulf of change has been down to Covid and the Ukraine.

I take that as a sign we should have stayed in btw, money paid in, saved, wasn’t suddenly going to change all our lives either!
I see it every day. Recruitment is a fucking nightmare in loads of sectors. Red tape has hugely increased for any company exporting to or importing from the EU and it’s unquestionably diminished us as a nation. Which in turn has reduced the value of the pound. Which makes us all poorer.

I know the EU is/was a long way from being perfect. It is unquestionably a flawed organisation. But it definitely made us better than we otherwise would have been.

I see it every day. Recruitment is a fucking nightmare in loads of sectors. Red tape has hugely increased for any company exporting to or importing from the EU and it’s unquestionably diminished us as a nation. Which in turn has reduced the value of the pound. Which makes us all poorer.

I know the EU is/was a long way from being perfect. It is unquestionably a flawed organisation. But it definitely made us better than we otherwise would have been.

Recruitment is a nightmare because wages are so fucking shit and it was similar when we was members.

Worse thing that ever happened to us was the minimum wage, it was the green light to employers to pay just that, the bare minimum!

Import/export I will give you but again, Covid/Ukraine has had a far greater affect on our lives than leaving the EU has.

I’d vote back in tomorrow for no other reason than it was a pathetic decision to leave with no benefits (as of yet anyway) but I can’t be doing with this constant doom and gloom either.

Far more at play and fucking us over that this, mainly a dysfunctional Westminster and system that serves nobody but the parties and their own self interests themselves!

Recruitment is a nightmare because wages are so fucking shit and it was similar when we was members.

Worse thing that ever happened to us was the minimum wage, it was the green light to employers to pay just that, the bare minimum!

Import/export I will give you but again, Covid/Ukraine has had a far greater affect on our lives than leaving the EU has.

I’d vote back in tomorrow for no other reason than it was a pathetic decision to leave with no benefits (as of yet anyway) but I can’t be doing with this constant doom and gloom either.

Far more at play and fucking us over that this, mainly a dysfunctional Westminster and system that serves nobody but the parties and their own self interests themselves!
There are recruitment problems in many sectors where EU citizens predominated, and not at minimum wage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.