Media Discussion - 2023/24

This is the standard of British sport journalism (?) nowadays. Is this a story in a national newspaper ffs? When I was working at regional newspaper level, I have seen stories 10 times better than this utter garbage get fucked off. What is the sports editor thinking of? If there still is one of course? https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25176931/crystal-palace-vs-chelsea-kit-clash/

Lol shock horror lol

I agree how on earth is that even a story ? It's not unusual is it

Journalism is influenced too much by how well they are treated by certain clubs. Like us, journos are fans and, many, are fans of the Chavs, Arsenal and the two entitled northern teams.
They hate the 'changing of the guard' and they can't hide their bitterness.
The job IS difficult with social media demands and the urgency to get their copy done, but the journos themselves write opinion pieces in match reports when they should be reporting the facts.

I remember listening to a Glaswegian journo and he said he 'I only know I'm doing a good job if I get death threats from both sets of fans!'
Now I know that was said tongue in cheek, but you get the sentiment behind it.

Here lies the problem. They play to the masses. They are like the snivelling kid hiding behind the playground bully telling him to hit new kid!
Yet target THEM and they run like Usain Bolt!

How many times do we hear the cost of our bench, but not the cost of Liverpool's?
We all know the rags and arsenal have built their teams purely on tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will it change? NOT IN MY LIFETIME!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...s-man-city-live-score-updates-premier-league/

Apparently we pass the ball too much and don’t appreciate Phil Foden.

After a quality performance against a tough, inform team, this is an embarrassing match report. I shouldn’t be surprised but it really fkn annoys me.

Obviously Bascombe didn’t realise the sideways passes were to get Foden in a shooting position & it was the one moment Everton sat off him at that point. I’d actually mentioned to my son they are trying to get Foden in range & how many times have we seen him take that shot on.

Thick **** get paid to explain the game that he doesn’t understand.

The club need to take action with this ****.

He's crossed a line there.
They can’t take action, we are the accused and they were found guilty, they are nailed on facts … It’s laughable they have nothing else to pin on City, it’s schoolboy journalism and it’s bitter and nasty… Long May it continue, if City were shit, you wouldn’t hear a peep out of scum like this … I’m enjoying every drop of their salty tears …. :-)

Obviously Bascombe didn’t realise the sideways passes were to get Foden in a shooting position & it was the one moment Everton sat off him at that point. I’d actually mentioned to my son they are trying to get Foden in range & how many times have we seen him take that shot on.

Thick **** get paid to explain the game that he doesn’t understand.
Whilst I may not use the (er, ahem..!) 'saltiness' of your final sentence, dear fellow Blue 'Cheekybids', yet I applaud you for your succinct, apposite and totally comprehensive description of the football 'journalists' plying their trade in the UK sports media.. gets to the nub of the matter in just 12 words..!

Whilst I may not use the (er, ahem..!) 'saltiness' of your final sentence, dear fellow Blue 'Cheekybids', yet I applaud you for your succinct, apposite and totally comprehensive description of the football 'journalists' plying their trade in the UK sports media.. gets to the nub of the matter in just 12 words..!

I’m afraid I’m not a ‘wordsmith’ but I like to think I’ve managed to get my point across ;-)

Can anyone remember the last penalty that the media actually think we deserved?
Carragher fuming with Haaland being dragged back at chelsea
Neville not happy with our penalty against united for. Clear pull back
Don Hutchinson didn’t like us getting a clear handball last night

Do we play by different rules?

Can anyone remember the last penalty that the media actually think we deserved?
Carragher fuming with Haaland being dragged back at chelsea
Neville not happy with our penalty against united for. Clear pull back
Don Hutchinson didn’t like us getting a clear handball last night

Do we play by different rules?
Probably…we are certainly reffed by different rules

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.