Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was never a bond with rangers at any level bar a small minority of fans who saw the rags suckin up to celtic due to the irish fans base and so opted to like rangers, there was alway equally plenty of Mancs who are City fans for generations from the large Irish decent community that would maybe have a passing affinity with celtic but not support for them, thankfully City fans have never indulged either of the pellets that play in glasgow (though historically we have many ties with celtic early in our lifetime as a club)

And after all the Pope is a city fan ;-)
there’s been a longstanding & historical bond between Manchester City & Glasgow Rangers since the 70’s for varying reasons, cultural, religious, for some, affinity with the clubs Patriotism & quintessentially British roots for others, a combination of all of those reasons for some more, which has resulted in large amounts of supporters from both clubs having allegiance’s for both teams and fans travelling upto Glasgow & down to Manchester & across the country for league & cup matches, friendlys and European matches
But to say different is to be inaccurate and ill informed or to be purposefully contradictory perhaps due to some personal antagonism towards the admirable reasons stated above & favouritism to those from the east side of Glasgow, either way none of what you’ve written has any semblance of truth to it.

there’s been a longstanding & historical bond between Manchester City & Glasgow Rangers since the 70’s for varying reasons, cultural, religious, for some, affinity with the clubs Patriotism & quintessentially British roots for others, a combination of all of those reasons for some more, which has resulted in large amounts of supporters from both clubs having allegiance’s for both teams and fans travelling upto Glasgow & down to Manchester & across the country for league & cup matches, friendlys and European matches
But to say different is to be inaccurate and ill informed or to be purposefully contradictory perhaps due to some personal antagonism towards the admirable reasons stated above & favouritism to those from the east side of Glasgow, either way none of what you’ve written has any semblance of truth to it.
I never denied there is many a city fan who has a bond with rangers, I even said that during the 70s a lot of fans followed rangers as united fans followed celtic, and yes you see a city/rangers flag in some supproters groups and I never said there won't be groups of fans that visit Ibrox, I have 3 or 4 mates who have rangers as their second club after city, but what I said about the club itself having no direct links is true , and that Citys fan base has always been a mixed bag of different religions, races and cultures living in Manchester and later on wider across land and sea,

The response was to the original comment we were a prodestant club, that has been debunked by football historians and it is accepted we formed from a cross community and have since been non religious and accepting of everyone, and everyone sees our club as differently, we have been called prodestant, tradionally british, a jewish club, predominently mancunian, all from stockport etc etc, we are all those things and much more

No one is saying a lot of fans don't have strong links to rangers or that they don't exist with many historically linked to them, tbh I not that mithered who people want to follow as well as city it is their business not mine, but there is plenty of fans couldn't care less about scottish football and wouldn't see a link to any of the clubs up there, I remember us having strong links with torino in the late 80s/90s and a city/torrino flag would be seen in the kippax and the stadio olympico from time to time as dansnfrom each visited.

We all see the club as it means to us and no one can say one is right and the other is wrong, it is bourne out of our mates, our experiences and the communities we were brought up in, Manchester itself has never been one thing or another as the jokes on here about north/south manchetser or tameside/stockport/salford etc show, but we are all blues and we all love laughing at the rags really that is all that matters in the end :-)

Seem we are not important atm news wise

most stories are trying to see positives out of the shambles that are the rags, even Barney is too busy defending their keeper to pen his usual guff about us

Seem we are not important atm news wise

most stories are trying to see positives out of the shambles that are the rags, even Barney is too busy defending their keeper to pen his usual guff about us

I'm surprised ay Ronay, he's usually making racist comments about "Rows of Grinning Beards"

I was listening to Talking Balls on GMR this week on a couple of days. The whole program is about the RAGs.

Even Emily the City representive only talks about them. After 45 mins of Rags drivel they changed to talking about Salford City, at which point I changed the Channel

I used to listen to Blue Tuesday but I tried for a few days to listen to the new format. Lesson learnt , won’t be listening to it again
me too new format is not the same without nat, dont bother anymore nat kept the bitter rag drinkwater in check
not so sure emily does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.