Media Discussion - 2023/24

Think it was a Mexican who scored 30 odd goals. All I could find for keepers playing as outfield players was Joe Lewis brought as sub for England u21 (managed by guess who?) against Azerbaijan and barthez in a friendly for rags in a friendly against Singapore XI
Just had a quick look, Ray Wood might be a name for you to check out

Last night, had a good natured chat in the pub, with a Man Utd supporting friend, about media coverage of Man U relative to City. He told me I was paranoid. Knowing I'd be sure to be on solid ground - I told him to "google" the Daily Express Football Site as I could predict the Rags would have at least ten times the coverage of City.

There were 80 articles about the Rags ( with a remarkable 34 pictures of Ten Bob ! ). As for City - well 3 articles ( 1 really )

(1) City win their opening game in Europe
(2) Man Utd Star joins Man City ( A youth team player )
(3) and Barry Bennell's departure - "he worked as a Scout at Manchester City" ( which is quite frankly libelous as the lengthy Court Case proved )

As a one off I saw Harry Dowd sustain a hand injury in a 2nd division game against Bury at Maine Road in 1963-64 and, with no subs then, play up front with his hand strapped up and score City's equaliser in a 1-1 draw. Bury's goal was scored by their 17 year old debutant Colin Bell.
I was at that match too. One of my former work colleagues, a Bury fan, brought in the match programme about 20 years ago and asked me if I had been there. I told him I had been, and said the same info as you had written as proof!

I was at that match too. One of my former work colleagues, a Bury fan, brought in the match programme about 20 years ago and asked me if I had been there. I told him I had been, and said the same info as you had written as proof!
My mates and I speculated on the possibility of Harry scoring. We were stood right behind the scoreboard end goal and within minutes saw him steer the ball in right in front of us. Cool finish to be fair.

I see the BBC HYS police have been busy ... note the first three replies to this :

View attachment 94064

Of course they're quite happy with a defamatory comment about City :
View attachment 94065

Oh well, as long as our tax money is making sure no Scouser is ever offended.
Update: I reported the comment that says City had "15 years of financial doping"

BBC response ;

Thanks for recently reporting a comment on the BBC site.

We’ve looked into this and believe it does not break house rules.

We seriously need to ban these cunts from the stadium (not a swear word I use lightly).

Update: I reported the comment that says City had "15 years of financial doping"

BBC response ;

We seriously need to ban these cunts from the stadium (not a swear word I use lightly).
I've had similar experience of our "impartial" national broadcaster.
I reported a Dipper who labelled us "cheats" and received the same standard response copied and pasted from their library of fob-offs.
A disgrace of an organisation no longer fit for purpose.

BBC response ;

There's nothing wrong with the word stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.