The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

Helps instil a sense of civic pride and is part of our British identity.

The vast majority of the British public will welcome it as we have done for many years.
Personally I don’t see why it’s even an issue for discussion in the news.

Public buildings have a portrait of the monarch - as you say it’s part of British identity and culture - and the King sets the example for public service.

Cracking portrait as well.

I don’t know which side of the debate is parodying the most here.
Feels like one massive Clarkie the last 7 pages!
Not to worry, blueinsa finally got the memo that his partner in crime needed assistance so I expect the comedy to continue and entertain a while longer.
Which ironically is all the RF have been good for the last few years.

The vast majority of the British public will welcome it as we have done for many years.
I’m not replacing the picture of the prophet in my school foyer for anyone.

That majority of the public probably couldn't give a shit tbh.

What next standing for the national anthem every morning?

It's performative and insincere.

He’s the head of state for a kick off.

A unifying figure, and a very good example of public service. Plus people generally need to smarten themselves up in terms of how they dress - I’m sick of looking at people walking around dressed like toddlers - so they should take a leaf out of the King’s book and look smart.

Is that you Hyacinth?

Personally I don’t see why it’s even an issue for discussion in the news.

Public buildings have a portrait of the monarch - as you say it’s part of British identity and culture - and the King sets the example for public service.

Cracking portrait as well.
Cracking you say?
You're a one off alright.

I see we are still discussing a non starter, I might start a ban all potatoes thread because whilst 99.9% of us like chips the 0.1% of the people who don't need to have something to moan about.

Weirdly those who don't seem to like the monarchy fall over themselves at the feet of ex royals :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.