The British Monarchy

Good for you, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I will guarantee that the people who hate it will comment on it and be loudly as nonplussed as they can be.
I’ve no time for it. If it gets you through your day have at it, good for you all. I’ll not comment on it, won’t watch, don’t know anyone who will. I’m am however delighted to be paying for it.

I think it's dwindling yes but it's not at the stage where people want rid, I would genuinely like a referendum on it to put the matter to bed either way mate.

IMHO Queenie was one thing and Charlie is another.
If referendums have taught us one thing recently it is that it doesn't put the matter to bed.

They had one on the future of the monarchy in Australia a few years ago and voted to stick with the Queen, mainly because they weren't that keen on their own politicians as the alternative (which is probably one of the arguments here as well), but it hasn't stopped the republican movement over there carrying on.

The monarchy is dying on its feet. The traditional reason to have a monarch (in modern times) was that they 'united the nation.' That is no longer true*, and in fact, I would say they actively divide it.

* It probably was in the 1950s. Maybe as late as the 80s.

Sure there will be crowds watching. There are crowds wherever Flying Scotsman is put on a train. So what? Most people are at best, indifferent. I honestly could not give a shit, I just think the so-called royals are a complete waste of resources. They're just a random family, picked by chance to be treated as demigods. It might have made sense in 1323, but it definitely doesn't in 2023.

BTW one of the polls that I saw today said that 70% of blokes are not interested. 70%!

The monarchy is dying on its feet. The traditional reason to have a monarch (in modern times) was that they 'united the nation.' That is no longer true*, and in fact, I would say they actively divide it.

Sure there will be crowds watching. There are crowds wherever Flying Scotsman is put on a train. So what? Most people are at best, indifferent. I honestly could not give a shit, I just think the so-called royals are a complete waste of resources. They're just a random family, picked by chance to be treated as demigods. It might have made sense in 1323, but it definitely doesn't in 2023.

BTW one of the polls that I saw today said that 70% of blokes are not interested. 70%!
National debt would be cleared if we subcontracted them to the states.

Despite being "free" of them they have an obsession with them which would single handedly re finance this country.

The queen speech to the nation during covid calmed a lot of nerves and that is what she excelled at and the gov were all over the place whilst she was calm and radiated reassurance

I could spit on the king and that bag we have to call queen so i wont be watching the coronation , will pick up the interest if william gets in in my lifetime

avatars-000000888312-ul69zw-t500x500.jpg

The queen speech to the nation during covid calmed a lot of nerves and that is what she excelled at and the gov were all over the place whilst she was calm and radiated reassurance

I could spit on the king and that bag we have to call queen so i wont be watching the coronation , will pick up the interest if william gets in in my lifetime
I won't be calling her Queen anytime soon

Diana was our Queen if anyone was.

William isn’t any better than his father tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.