PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I really wish I had your faith in this independent panel of the Premier League's. The reason for my skepticism can be entirely summarised below:

"UEFA takes note of the decision of the independent Adjudicatory Chamber" (...to originally ban us from the Champions League for two seasons).

When a governing body creates its own independent panel, the one guarantee is that they'll ensure its genuine independence is at the absolute minimal level.
The adjudicatory chamber decides punishment based on the report from the investigatory chamber. The investigatory chamber is not independant, which is a flaw. In our case Leterme simply did what the G14 clubs wished. The adjudicatory chamber demonstrated independence in the very next case, PSG, also chaired by Leterme which reached a ludicrous decision that PSG were within the rules. Leterme again reaching a decision to favour the owners (in the guise of Bein Sports) who had just bunged a huge sum at UEFA for TV rights. The chair of the adjudicatory chamber was livid at this and appealed to CAS. Not surprisingly CAS just chuckled at UEFA appealing against themselves. Case dismissed.

It absolutely doesn’t work like that, hence my comment that TH needs to source his claim.

If they were to uphold all of the charges against City, it’s feasible that the SFO could want to take a look also, but any action would take years and years to come to court, and wouldn’t have any impact on the PL case.

If City are found guilty, the verdict also comes into force immediately, even before any appeal is heard.

Of course it would take years and years in court and the premier can't deduct 60 points or any punishment because goes to court we win it will bankrupt the Premier for all the damages they'd have to pay us..

As long as those dinners are about curbing others, rather than becoming the best they can be, it won’t matter.

We will continue to grow and evolve, whilst they plot how to stop Newcastle taking another of their CL places.
Yes Barada has a big job to turn their culture round.

IMO, Everton are being totally screwed by the current FFP regulations.

Yeah, it's their own fault, but still.. totally screwed.

I'm not an Everton fan and was routing for them to go down last season.

But this season, if they go down because of point deductions - especially more than the 10 they already have - is total bullshit IMO.

FFP as currently formulated is total nonsense and either needs to be scraped entirely or needs to be reconstituted to fit its original purpose, namely, to prevent clubs from ruinous overspending.
I'd agree with this. They messed up, but by speeding up the process, they're in a unique position that they're being punished twice in the same season.

As they're the only club who apparently will be hit by this anomaly, I'd offer them the opportunity to push the 2nd 10pts (if it comes), back a season.

I'd agree with this. They messed up, but by speeding up the process, they're in a unique position that they're being punished twice in the same season.

As they're the only club who apparently will be hit by this anomaly, I'd offer them the opportunity to push the 2nd 10pts (if it comes), back a season.
Agree.

But they're still being screwed, albeit for their own fault, namely for not being savvy enough to circumvent the rules.

Case in point - Chelsea. Who have spent a bazillion but are not in breach because of savvy accountancy.

FFP should be scraped IMO.

Instead, regulations against ownership taking out huge debt on the club or mortgaging the club beyond reason needs to be in place. This because there's a history of wealthy owners abusing club ownership and then selling a club off, saddled with debt beyond its means.

Current FFP regulations are far too restrictive and I'm not sure it addresses ownership financial abuse adequately.

This is what's so odd. Most people who've read beyond the hysterical "115 Charges" headlines, are struggling to see where the PL are going with this.

If they haven't got compelling new evidence, or a high value whistle-blower, after the CAS decision, what exactly is the point in all of this?
Reputational damage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.