PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He'd make himself unemployable if he did that, no company would ever trust him again

I think his stock will plummet after this gig. They’ve been making money, they’ve even finished runners up so success can only mean winning the premier league.

Just to say there is no significant reputational damage to City. Number 1 brand in the World and still attracting big sponsorship deals from all over the planet.

What we are seeing is negative reporting which we feel is constant and incorrect, but to assume that equates to a financial reputational damage (which is how a court would measure it) isn’t correct.

It is also possible to give yourself a rest by not trying to fight a battle that can’t be won. City win everything and people are unhappy. I promise you that whatever you do or say will not change the story. People believe what they want to believe. Don’t go looking for negative reports and post them on here as it fuels the story which is all the press want…it’s how they make money.

If you really want to fight the battle then ignore it. Say you have a new dog and every night it barks. The temptation is to go and see it or let it sleep on your bed. If you ignore it the dog will learn. If you pander to it then the habit becomes entrenched. Picture the media and Simon Jordon as a barking dog and don’t invite them to sleep with you! Projectriver got the facts out there and he is in a position to do so. Stefan was brilliant but it won’t change anything In the long run.

I know it’s difficult but we are losing every time this thread is at the top of the Bluemoon forum. Nothing materially important will happen for over a year. I’m not saying it’s not extremely important but try not to get caught up in it daily.

Lastly nothing will change if we are found innocent so get used to it. The verdict is not the issue. This will only stop when Pep leaves and/or we stop winning so much.

You have a choice of winning and negative press OR losing and positive press.

You will not get winning and positive press consistently, ever. City themselves realise this which is why they choose to fight the battle where it matters and stay well away from the barking dog.

Only you can alter how all this affects you if you are tired and drained. Nobody can control how you think unless you let them.

The next time it winds you up remember….Woof!
Totally agreed.

I have to say that I'm not happy about the 1894 Group post on social media and all they have done is to whip up negative comments from our own fans to the club, which is exactly the sort of thing that the fans of other clubs want to see. Not for the first time, they've scored a spectacular own goal by not thinking through their action to consequence.

The club are in a protracted legal battle with the PL that is going to an 'independent' hearing. We have to be careful not to be accused of trying to prejudice the case. Let others sling mud and let's play things by the book.

What Ceferin has said is hardly news. UEFA found us guilty. CAS overturned the verdict. UEFA were hardly ever going to just throw their hands up and say, "oh alright, then, we admit, it was a kangaroo court, with a verdict based upon a whim". Like any prosecution case in a court that failed to get a conviction, they are always going to believe that they were right and there has been a miscarriage of justice.

I think we can all work out the drill here and how the press work. There's a huge storm about us at the moment that has purely come from the fact that the PL are about to charge Everton (again) and Forest. The Telegraph has decided to cash in on this by seeking out Ceferin for an interview and obtaining the quote they wanted, which he can freely give because UEFA are not involved in this particular case. However, if the PL are behind that, then it is they who are prejudicing the case.

The accusation from other fans is that we will get off because our legal team will be better than the PL's. The mantra from many of our fans is that the quality of our legal team will ensure that justice prevails. In our favour. It is that very same legal team that will be advising Manchester City not to comment upon the mud slinging. So, do we trust them or not?

Let's face it. All our enemies think we are guilty anyway, so what will a statement change? We are hot news in the FFPR department as we were 12 months ago, but the latest storm will soon blow away until the next time. This will crescendo again every couple of months from now until the verdict depending on other cases, so we can't expect City to keep on issuing statements each time. The mud will be slung anyway, so I feel the best course of action is just to maintain a dignified silence and believe that adhering to the process is the best course of action.

All that banning dissenters from the club will do is further add ammunition to those who say that we have something to hide. Corrupt regimes ban dissenters. And if we do so, that's the image that we will portray of ourselves. Even more so than the image we already have. It would play right into our enemies' hands.

The club knows what it is doing. Believe in them.

Any future 'fan' put off by as yet unproved allegations of cheating so eagerly, were never going to be Manchester City fans to begin with.

And I wouldn't want any of them associated with us.
YOU may not want them to be 'associated' with us but I think you'll find the the does.

Totally agreed.

I have to say that I'm not happy about the 1894 Group post on social media and all they have done is to whip up negative comments from our own fans to the club, which is exactly the sort of thing that the fans of other clubs want to see. Not for the first time, they've scored a spectacular own goal by not thinking through their action to consequence.
With all due respect, 1894 are fighting a very lonely battle. Unlike other clubs we don’t have a Supporters’ Trust who can lobby, apply pressure, & represent and mobilise fans.

1894 articulated what a lot of us have been thinking, and if they don’t speak out nobody will.

Totally agreed.

The club are in a protracted legal battle with the PL that is going to an 'independent' hearing. We have to be careful not to be accused of trying to prejudice the case. Let others sling mud and let's play things by the book.

What Ceferin has said is hardly news. UEFA found us guilty. CAS overturned the verdict. UEFA were hardly ever going to just throw their hands up and say, "oh alright, then, we admit, it was a kangaroo court, with a verdict based upon a whim". Like any prosecution case in a court that failed to get a conviction, they are always going to believe that they were right and there has been a miscarriage of justice.

I think we can all work out the drill here and how the press work. There's a huge storm about us at the moment that has purely come from the fact that the PL are about to charge Everton (again) and Forest. The Telegraph has decided to cash in on this by seeking out Ceferin for an interview and obtaining the quote they wanted, which he can freely give because UEFA are not involved in this particular case. However, if the PL are behind that, then it is they who are prejudicing the case.

The accusation from other fans is that we will get off because our legal team will be better than the PL's. The mantra from many of our fans is that the quality of our legal team will ensure that justice prevails. In our favour. It is that very same legal team that will be advising Manchester City not to comment upon the mud slinging. So, do we trust them or not?

Let's face it. All our enemies think we are guilty anyway, so what will a statement change? We are hot news in the FFPR department as we were 12 months ago, but the latest storm will soon blow away until the next time. This will crescendo again every couple of months from now until the verdict depending on other cases, so we can't expect City to keep on issuing statements each time. The mud will be slung anyway, so I feel the best course of action is just to maintain a dignified silence and believe that adhering to the process is the best course of action.

All that banning dissenters from the club will do is further add ammunition to those who say that we have something to hide. Corrupt regimes ban dissenters. And if we do so, that's the image that we will portray of ourselves. Even more so than the image we already have. It would play right into our enemies' hands.

The club knows what it is doing. Believe in them.
As khaldoon said he has his opinions and he will give them when the time is right. Ie when the investigation is over.

I see that the Cerefin quotes are all over the Fail. What bloody chance do we have of being treated fairly when the head of European Football calls us cheats. I am heartedly sick of the club doing an impression of a doormat. They keep quiet about the disgraceful way our support was treated in Istanbul and are rewarded for their cooperation by this? I am speechless.

From what you're saying it sounds very much that the club have pushed the boundaries on FFP but kept within the rules.
Essentially yes, & there's nothing illegal about that.

However UEFA/G14 started it. If they'd allowed us to develop our business as we stated was our intention, there'd be no need for us to look for legal ways around their bent & unfair FFP/PSR.

What a mess they've made of football in their pursuit of protecting the G14 & Spuds from being challenged on the pitch. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.