PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

From what you're saying it sounds very much that the club have pushed the boundaries on FFP but kept within the rules.
I consulted through tens and tens of different businesses -private and public sector- and helped buy and sell some. Every business entity I worked in looked to be imaginative with their finances to present best case. Some decisions/ interpretations/ wheezes led to interesting discussions with Auditors, Non Execs, Boards, Industry bodies, gvmt depts etc.
I would be willing to bet that every club in every Lge in England has done this and will continue to do it.
Nothing done was definitely illegal /criminal but some could certainly be said to push boundaries and financial legal definitions or interpretations.
It is what is done in business and football is a business.

OK

Richard, Tim nice but Dim, Masters not extinguishing concrrns or managing expectations last week with Basset Face Parry.
Omar Quisling on Sunday,
Snake Cefarin yesterday
Simon Doubtfire and Talkshite every fcking minute.

What will today bring.
Come on City - fire a salvo on how unacceptable this is.
Sadly, as much as the owner and those he’s entrusted to run the club have delivered in spades on and off the pitch to drag the club to the very top I doubt we will ever see any comment on the charges or the adverse affects it has on the supporters until this is all over.

We are on our own in that regard and just have to sit tight and hope they have been honest with us because a guilty verdict will cause fucking havoc and some blues may well snap in the future.

There’s a hell of a lot riding on this outcome.

I'm out and about all the time and not one person has called me/City cheats.
Good. I’d like to think some posters are exaggerating a bit with how often they’re called cheats when out and about but it only takes the wrong one to be approached before it could turn nasty.

I see that the Cerefin quotes are all over the Fail. What bloody chance do we have of being treated fairly when the head of European Football calls us cheats. I am heartedly sick of the club doing an impression of a doormat. They keep quiet about the disgraceful way our support was treated in Istanbul and are rewarded for their cooperation by this? I am speechless.

We'll have a fair hearing as long as the independent (lol) panel members are not swayed by external factors - i.e. we need to hope they've been living under a rock since Sky invented football in 1992. I'll eat the hatchet if we get a fair hearing.

City have taken the shit for years but will blow the 'evidence' out of the water, Financial 'Unfair' Play will collapse resulting in Premier League turmoil, new beginning possibly a stealthier alternative to the super league, un**ed get massive timely investment with no restrictions to allow them in particular and the other red shirts to try and regain their 'rightful' places dominating what goes on in English football

Super leave can fuck off pal. All we want is a fair domestic league but I’d rather have a bent domestic league than a bent overseas league
Not if the establishment manage to kick us out of both. Might be time to explore an alternative home.

City should declare their interest publicly for shits a giggles Hounded out for competing.

Don’t want it myself but it might be a solution to our current problem.

Won it all now anyway -:)

Last edited:
I am prefacing this post with the observation that I have deliberately kept away from this thread, and have only read the odd post now and again. Plus I have also purposely not read any further than headlines on News pages.
This is because I am at an age where I like to try to keep my blood pressure down as much as possible by not reading things that are going to get my exasperation and rage going!!

Therefore I am just going to ask one question: Do you as a BlueMoon poster/Manchester City supporter feel that City are innocent of all the charges or at least some of the charges?

I would hopefully get a straight yes or no answer as I am not even sure what charges have been brought. Sorry if I annoy some by not wanting to go deep, deep down into 165 or whatever charges. None of us as fans can truly know what the club are doing but do we think they are guilty?

Personally, through my blue tinted City loving glasses I wholeheartedly want to say no we are not guilty but I am realistic enough to know that the powers that be wouldn't open themselves to ridicule by bringing charges if they weren't satisfied that there is some substance. Plus I know how big business works, there are so many things that go on behind closed doors.

However whatever the outcome I will still state we are THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. :-) CITY FOR EVER.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.