PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Good. I’d like to think some posters are exaggerating a bit with how often they’re called cheats when out and about but it only takes the wrong one to be approached before it could turn nasty.
I’ve never been called a cheat when I’m out and about, but I’m hard as fuck.

Would be nice for somebody at the club to pull a finger out and start making some public comments about the shitstorm that’s getting worse every day from the media and now even from UEFA.

Ceferin’s comments are a disgrace and cannot be ignored by City. But then we said fuck all after the shambolic fallout from Istanbul so no doubt we will say nothing.

It’s embarrassing that it’s left to Rob Draper at the Mail on Sunday ( who hates City ) to say far more in support of blues in Turkey than anybody running at City has.

The board are too busy this week patting themselves on the back in Abu Dhabi to realise we are being attacked from everywhere on a daily basis.

I am prefacing this post with the observation that I have deliberately kept away from this thread, and have only read the odd post now and again. Plus I have also purposely not read any further than headlines on News pages.
This is because I am at an age where I like to try to keep my blood pressure down as much as possible by not reading things that are going to get my exasperation and rage going!!

Therefore I am just going to ask one question: Do you as a BlueMoon poster/Manchester City supporter feel that City are innocent of all the charges or at least some of the charges?

I would hopefully get a straight yes or no answer as I am not even sure what charges have been brought. Sorry if I annoy some by not wanting to go deep, deep down into 165 or whatever charges. None of us as fans can truly know what the club are doing but do we think they are guilty?

Personally, through my blue tinted City loving glasses I wholeheartedly want to say no we are not guilty but I am realistic enough to know that the powers that be wouldn't open themselves to ridicule by bringing charges if they weren't satisfied that there is some substance. Plus I know how big business works, there are so many things that go on behind closed doors.

However whatever the outcome I will still state we are THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. :-) CITY FOR EVER.
I've seen with my own eyes as we've gone from being a laughing stock, everyone's favourite 2nd team kind of setup to an absolute powerhouse. I've seen us expand and develop our stadium. I have seen us build a world class training facility, invest goodness knows how much in the local community. I've seen our academy produce talent that is progressing smoothly, not just in to our own first team but with other clubs too. I've seen us appoint the best coach in world football and I've seen us transform the way the game is played in this country. And I've seen our mighty blues become THE dominant team in the league for the last 10 years or so, spending less in the process than our unfortunate neighbours.

Do I think that the people who have delivered all this (and more) would be stupid enough to commit fraud on the scale that is being alleged ? - Absolutely not.

Do I think we've pushed things as far as we can in terms of the rules/sailed a bit close to the wind ? - I bloody hope so.

Do I trust the PL process to give us a fair hearing ? - I could be wrong but right now, no I fucking don't.

Up the Blues.

Got to admit, this wave after wave of negative news, the lack of any real information , the constant innuendo and accusations at our expense etc. Is beginning to take a toll.
Every fcking day.
That's their aim. What is more worrying, it seems to be working on some posters on here.

Totally agreed.

I have to say that I'm not happy about the 1894 Group post on social media and all they have done is to whip up negative comments from our own fans to the club, which is exactly the sort of thing that the fans of other clubs want to see. Not for the first time, they've scored a spectacular own goal by not thinking through their action to consequence.

The club are in a protracted legal battle with the PL that is going to an 'independent' hearing. We have to be careful not to be accused of trying to prejudice the case. Let others sling mud and let's play things by the book.

What Ceferin has said is hardly news. UEFA found us guilty. CAS overturned the verdict. UEFA were hardly ever going to just throw their hands up and say, "oh alright, then, we admit, it was a kangaroo court, with a verdict based upon a whim". Like any prosecution case in a court that failed to get a conviction, they are always going to believe that they were right and there has been a miscarriage of justice.

I think we can all work out the drill here and how the press work. There's a huge storm about us at the moment that has purely come from the fact that the PL are about to charge Everton (again) and Forest. The Telegraph has decided to cash in on this by seeking out Ceferin for an interview and obtaining the quote they wanted, which he can freely give because UEFA are not involved in this particular case. However, if the PL are behind that, then it is they who are prejudicing the case.

The accusation from other fans is that we will get off because our legal team will be better than the PL's. The mantra from many of our fans is that the quality of our legal team will ensure that justice prevails. In our favour. It is that very same legal team that will be advising Manchester City not to comment upon the mud slinging. So, do we trust them or not?

Let's face it. All our enemies think we are guilty anyway, so what will a statement change? We are hot news in the FFPR department as we were 12 months ago, but the latest storm will soon blow away until the next time. This will crescendo again every couple of months from now until the verdict depending on other cases, so we can't expect City to keep on issuing statements each time. The mud will be slung anyway, so I feel the best course of action is just to maintain a dignified silence and believe that adhering to the process is the best course of action.

All that banning dissenters from the club will do is further add ammunition to those who say that we have something to hide. Corrupt regimes ban dissenters. And if we do so, that's the image that we will portray of ourselves. Even more so than the image we already have. It would play right into our enemies' hands.

The club knows what it is doing. Believe in them.

This post should be tagged all the times in the first pages of this thread.

I am prefacing this post with the observation that I have deliberately kept away from this thread, and have only read the odd post now and again. Plus I have also purposely not read any further than headlines on News pages.
This is because I am at an age where I like to try to keep my blood pressure down as much as possible by not reading things that are going to get my exasperation and rage going!!

Therefore I am just going to ask one question: Do you as a BlueMoon poster/Manchester City supporter feel that City are innocent of all the charges or at least some of the charges?

I would hopefully get a straight yes or no answer as I am not even sure what charges have been brought. Sorry if I annoy some by not wanting to go deep, deep down into 165 or whatever charges. None of us as fans can truly know what the club are doing but do we think they are guilty?

Personally, through my blue tinted City loving glasses I wholeheartedly want to say no we are not guilty but I am realistic enough to know that the powers that be wouldn't open themselves to ridicule by bringing charges if they weren't satisfied that there is some substance. Plus I know how big business works, there are so many things that go on behind closed doors.

However whatever the outcome I will still state we are THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. :-) CITY FOR EVER.
I have no idea how things will turn out but I'm willing to bet a pound to a pinch of shit there's other members of the big six who could face similar charges. The difference? They don't seem to have been targeted by a hacker... conspiracy, what conspiracy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.