Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That scoreboard damaged me!! Everyweek as a young kid I would get excited to see did it work again yet, it never did and here's me now in my 30th year as an electrician, I could have got a proper job if it wasn't for that fuckin scoreboard!!!
That North stand scoreboard was like a visual version of Norman Collier with half the letters missing " Go l, the ity scor r, 9 K vin R eves" etc !

That North stand scoreboard was like a visual version of Norman Collier with half the letters missing " Go l, the ity scor r, 9 K vin R eves" etc !

m-rd.jpg

The North Stand scoreboard arrived with the newly-constructed all-seater stand in the early 1970s.

Then we had this beauty.

Manchester-City-Wycombe-Wanderers-TGS008.jpg

Probably the worst ever looking new City stand built. Look at the state of that. Could it have been anymore basic?

View attachment 106351

The North Stand scoreboard arrived with the newly-constructed all-seater stand in the early 1970s.

Then we had this beauty.

View attachment 106352

Probably the worst ever looking new City stand built. Look at the state of that. Could it have been anymore basic?
Very optimistic to have two digits for the City goals scored

That scoreboard damaged me!! Everyweek as a young kid I would get excited to see did it work again yet, it never did and here's me now in my 30th year as an electrician, I could have got a proper job if it wasn't for that fuckin scoreboard!!!

Don’t know if you ever went to the AGM back in the late 80s early 90s but there was a guy there who used to ask about the North Stand Scoreboard every year - (maybe it was you?) much to Peter Swales annoyance. After being fobbed off year on year and being told the Company who manufactured it had stopped trading the guy turned up one year with all the Company’s details they did exist (in Scotland I think) - I’m guessing Swales chucked the stuff straight in the bin because for the last 10 years at Maine Road I don’t remember that scoreboard working.

View attachment 106351

Then we had this beauty.

View attachment 106352

That photo caught us in a good moment, only 2 1 down

Reactions: jrb
By the shirts in the crowd it looks like the division 3 season.
The Kappa shirts

Arguably some of the best City shirts ever made. I’ve got the blue one in a plastic bag. Probably a copy as I bought it off Etsy, but it looks genuine and very well made. Regardless, it looks great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.